NMM won't start up anymore

Hey, so earlier tonight I had a my PC freeze up while I was trying to install a mod. NMM was in the middle of loading up, during this.

Since I restarted my computer I have been unable to boot up NMM. I've tried starting as administrator, and installing the latest version again to give it a refresh, so far nothing.

Any tips?

I've had a very similar thing happen aside from the fact that something was downloading. I was in the process of intsalling mods for skyrim and when i opened it up, it didn't have any sound. I figured restarting my pc may have helped, but once i had opened it back up again, I come to find out i cannot open nmm whatsoever..... WE NEED HALP!

• 2 weeks later...

go to My Computer\Users\Your PC Name\AppData\Local\Black_Tree_Gaming\ search for the user.config then delete or just cut and paste somewhere else. . .make sure you set Hidden Files to show up

This worked for me. But exactly what is the user.config file, and why does deleting it solve this problem?

• 4 months later...

go to My Computer\Users\Your PC Name\AppData\Local\Black_Tree_Gaming\ search for the user.config then delete or just cut and paste somewhere else. . .make sure you set Hidden Files to show up

i dont have any files in that folder. I viewed hidden files too.