VenomSnake26

The settlement aspect of the game doesn't serve any interesting or active purpose. So my suggestions would put the raid aspect to better use, and make your involvement with settlements fun and challenging. I really don't know much about mod creation, so I put them in order of complexity (or at least what I think would be more complex to create...)

1. A mod that increases the frequency of raids. When you install the mod outside the game, have the frequency linked directly to a preset difficulty level, i.e.:

-Easy = raids every hour (real time, or whatever the equivalent of in-game time would be).

-Medium = raids every half hour.

-Hard = Raids every 15 minutes, and maybe at two different locations, forcing you to choose which base has more value. Maybe you can clear one fast enough to make it to the other in time.

-Very Hard = Major Raids every 15 minutes for an hour (like the ones that are structured in multiple waves, with a behemoth boss at the end) with a half hour break to rebuild any losses and re-think your base layouts for defense improvement.

Maybe only have them happen during the night, so you can still quest during the day or vise-versa.

2. A mod that changes the characteristics of the raids themselves. Generally improving the variety of units that attack (Wave 1 = 100 Roaches, Wave 2 = 25 weaker ghouls..... wave 50 = 10 Mirelurk Queens...lol, etc.), and have either a set number (20 for example) of increasingly difficult waves OR having a never ending amount of increasingly difficult waves and see if you can beat your record, and eventually be good enough to make it through the whole night. The sun would rise and the waves would stop, giving you the time to clear out any remaining enemies and strategize for the next night.

Basically, raid frequency should be the backbone of the mod, and then any improvement after that would be great! This was just a very quickly thought out idea, but it seems like the kind of mod that could be popular and improved over time in various waves.. er I mean ways.

Edit: Also this would give players something to do once they've done everything there is do do in the game.

Edited by VenomSnake26