Updated Launcher will disable MODS on launch, find a fix here.

Gameaholic

Just keep a copy of the old fallout4launcher.exe outside of steam before you update, and replace the new launcher with the old.

My guess is that should work :/

let me know if it does

Can confirm that this does in fact work

And for references sake, list of files changed by the update:

Fallout4.exe

Fallout4Launcher.exe

Data/Fallout4.esm

Data/Fallout4 - Animations.ba2

Data/Fallout4 - Misc.ba2

Data/Fallout4 - Shaders.ba2

Data/Fallout4 - Interface.ba2

awesome so the mod manager is still there and esp files will still work if i put old launcher back?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome so the mod manager is still there and esp files will still work if i put old launcher back?

Yes. It is of note that Bethesda did actually fix a bug in the launcher where it would not save the godrays setting properly, by using the old launcher you will not have this fix.

Yes. It is of note that Bethesda did actually fix a bug in the launcher where it would not save the godrays setting properly, by using the old launcher you will not have this fix.

Where can you find the old launcher? Ive been using NMM all the time

Where can you find the old launcher? Ive been using NMM all the time

pathtosteam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Fallout4Launcher.exe

Next folder up from the game's data folder, where you install things like ReShade/ENB/SweetFX/Shadowboost etc

Anyway here is a temporary fix, go to http://f4se.silverlock.org/ and download the Fallout 4 beta 1.2.37 file

Copy all files into ur FO4 (steam-steam app-common-Fallout 4) now open NMM and go to Settings-Fallout 4 under Custom Launcher thers a field called Command, type in f4se_loader and save. Now enable all ESP´ S as the update disables them, go to Top left Corner on the NMM and change the Launch Fallout 4 to Launch Custom Launcher, should work.

Long explenation for newcommers.