I just want to ask, how safe is it to use these two mods?

Safe SSEx - http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1145/?

Homemaker - http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1478/?

The reasons for I am confused whether these mods actually work are . . .

• They are on the first page of the mods list, thus it safe to reason they are endorsed heavily.
  • In the comment sections of both there are several accounts of them not working for one reason or another.

These two in conjunction kind of trip me up. How can it be so heavily endorsed if they are that broken? So I would appreciate it if someone with knowledge on those two mods told me about their issues and if they are safe enough. Any help at all would be much appreciated.

By the way, I know there is a patch to make them work with each other.

Edited by CaarosKingOfChaos

Well first of all Beth just put out a patch today so things are a bit screwy. The mods may have issues they did not have 2 days ago that are simply due to game change Beth has done and not because the mods were poorly made.

Both mods have now been created with F04Edit. As the authors of this program will tell you this is an experimental but stable programs (as apposed to Snip which was/is a program which caused huge issues proven in Skyrim and has not been improved or changed since then-some of mods were made with snip and you will see old comments about this.)

However as none of these are the "official" tools, though it is unlikely you will have detrimental issues from the mods made with F04edit( besides basic mod vs patch issues), it is not outside the realm of possibility. Modding pre-GECK is a tricky thing and I myself, am prepared to ditch my saves once the official tools are released. Modding in general is not for the faint of heart. Make many saves, backups and always, always try only one mod at a time, backing up your save prior to adding any mod.

There was a patch for these to work together on the Homemaker page and they worked for me. However now that Beth has patched the game they may be having issues.

Also the Beth patch is causing mod plugins to not stay checked though there are several work arounds. Personally if you haven't tried these mods yet I would give it a few days til the patch stuff is straightened out.