Incompatible Version

EagleFlyt

Yes, I have fully upgraded my DAI game files to 1.11 (Patch 12 or whatever you want to call it) Yet the Mod Manager is telling me I have an incompatible version and that I need Version 12 to Merge any MOD that I am looking at. What do I need to do to fix this issue?

• 5 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. Can't enable Quick Looting and Redcliffe Crafting Supply, for example. I have patch version 11 and their required patch is patch 12.

I thought version 11 and patch 12 were the same thing. Can't seem to find any decent solution. Tried the one where you edit the patch file or mod file in notepad but it doesn't work. And mod manager stops working.

Edited by mh89

There is no "Patch 12" . There is only "Patch 11",

(On the PC, this carries an internal game version number "1.0.0.12" thanks to a hotfix released between Patch 2 and Patch 3.)

That said, if you EVER successfully added mods, YOUR game thinks the version number should be one more than the "official" one for each time you performed a "merge".

This value is contained in the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch\package.mft".

So if you're fully patched but you NEVER merged any mods, the file looks like this:

Name patch
Authoritative
Version 11

For me, it looks like this:

Name patch
Authoritative
Version 14

If you're sure you've done everything else correctly, try incrementing the value by one and re-launching the game.

Keep incrementing until it works, or your sure you've exceeded the possible value. :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There is no "Patch 12" . There is only "Patch 11",

(On the PC, this carries an internal game version number "1.0.0.12" thanks to a hotfix released between Patch 2 and Patch 3.)

That said, if you EVER successfully added mods, YOUR game thinks the version number should be one more than the "official" one for each time you performed a "merge".

This value is contained in the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch\package.mft".

So if you're fully patched but you NEVER merged any mods, the file looks like this:

Name patch

Authoritative

Version 11

For me, it looks like this:

Name patch

Authoritative

Version 14

If you're sure you've done everything else correctly, try incrementing the value by one and re-launching the game.

Keep incrementing until it works, or your sure you've exceeded the possible value. :thumbsup:

Thanks so much ^^ It work for me :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...

"Notepad" is the simple ASCII (and now Unicode) text editor included with every release of Windows since v1.0 back in 1985.

"Notepad++" is an enhanced editor that includes a variety of additional formatting and navigation features.

From the wiki article:

Notepad does not require a lock on the file it opens, so it can open files already opened by other processes, users, or computers, whereas [other more sophisticated editors] cannot. Also, since Notepad lacks advanced formatting functionality, many people find its simple, minimalistic user interface (whose look has never changed since Windows 3.1 and whose menus were last altered in Windows XP, when "Format" and "View" replaced "Search") faster and easier to use for basic text operations.

Just use any BASIC text editor to work on the "package.mft" file.

If, on the other hand, your problem is that you can't SAVE the edited version of "package.mft" back to the folder, you may need to open your editor with "Run as Admin", or save it to a different location then copy it back to the correct one.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm having the same problem. Can't enable Quick Looting and Redcliffe Crafting Supply, for example. I have patch version 11 and their required patch is patch 12.

I thought version 11 and patch 12 were the same thing. Can't seem to find any decent solution. Tried the one where you edit the patch file or mod file in notepad but it doesn't work. And mod manager stops working.

Ty \o/ It work for me!!