• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

webhead91

webhead91

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
In response to post #31817020. #31822325, #31850270, #31850350, #31859340 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

@Zaldiir yeah i know. i was just trying to be optimistic v_v
even though i can't see it happening.

Edited by webhead91, 12 December 2015 - 10:28 AM.

webhead91

webhead91

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
In response to post #31765210.

Spoiler

^THIS !

LuckyStars22

LuckyStars22

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
In response to post #31815380. #31841755, #31849450, #31850240 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Are we realllly trying to slap Witcher 3 game? I love both FO4 and Witcher 3 but what happened to Fallout community? Just because Witcher 3 is a better game every Fallout fans shits their pants and start to throw their own fecal matter everywhere on forum. Why can't there be love for both games? They're both single players and worth every $$$ you spend, unlike other so-call video game, where they rip you off!

SjoertJansen

SjoertJansen

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,021 posts
In response to post #31815380. #31841755, #31849450, #31850240, #31862285 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

@LuckyStars22
What?! Who's slapping Witcher 3? Some perfectly valid statements are made here, and I think everyone agrees TW3 is a great game?....

It is sad however, that the tools available to mod the game are not easy to understand and use, and that is putting it mildly. This does in fact mean, to a certain subset of players, that the life span of a game becomes shorter (This counts especially for Bethesda game fans, who are the primary Nexus users).
Also, there are some seriously fundamental differences between FO4 or Bethesda games in general and TW3. In no way does that make either of them bad, but you cannot state that fans of one should be fans of the other.

TW3 is primarily story focussed (and an excellent one at that), has a voiced pre-made protagonist that has an already established back-story. Being so heavy on story, it is riddled with cut-scenes, it basically is an excellent movie cut in pieces with good gameplay in-between. There isn't the same amount of I go and kill everyone freedom you get in Bethesda games, nor can you go first person. Depending on what type of player you are, these pre-moulded and cut-scene riddled games may not be for everyone, and vice versa. Bethesda always lacked a seriously good story, apart from perhaps Morrowind.

Again, both great games, but you can't say one is better because you happen to like it more. They may both be single player RPG's, that doesn't mean they are equal.

Moksha8088

Moksha8088

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,161 posts
In response to post #31815380. #31841755, #31849450, #31850240, #31862285, #31878075 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

I agree with Blattgeist about mods prolonging the life of a game, but I noticed that Witcher 3 has less than 800 mods and there is no category for quest mods which I think is at the heart of this extended life. Quality companion mods help as well.

If there was a holiday themed outfit for Inigo and Vilja, what would we do in January? Of course, in Skyrim, you can never go wrong with winter wear. ;-)

Seems like Witcher fans should demand more mods. Never played Morrowind, but I noticed when I was looking for Witcher 3 mods that Morrowind modders have been stepping up to bat in creating mods since the dawn of... well, whenever it came out.

johnskyrim

johnskyrim

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts
If Witcher 3 had better modding tools, I'd be all over it.

verinen

verinen

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Nice to know someone gets to win the sword which has been my biggest dream since I saw it for the first time. My pathethic life in a nutshell.

WursWaldo

WursWaldo

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Same here.  Witcher3 is a good RPG,imo.  I wish there was more questing though.  I won't tire of the Witcher world and the 'what you do now has consequences later' story arcs.  The 'sad' thing is I haven't seen a TW3 mod that I can't live without.  By the very nature of the game (meant for an adult non-Bethesda audience) the added things most modders do just aren't needed.

rjthorp

rjthorp

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
register

Lezerxoxo

Lezerxoxo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
In response to post #31881060.

Spoiler

Shunning Fallout players doesn't make you an adult. You're also implying that the modders of Fallout are kids. Why would you do that?

Edited by Lezerxoxo, 12 December 2015 - 09:56 PM.

Page loaded in: 0.988 seconds