Two characters on a single save file.

UltimatumDan

I alternate characters to keep things fresh every once in a while but I hate having to do the same things again and again. So I got an idea for a mod that lets you create another character that you can swap to and when you aren't that character he can be your follower or wait in an inn. I'm not very good at modding but I presume the most difficult part of this would be to change the players skills and inventory, I've already seen a mod (I can't remember the name) that links all your characters in some hall and shows their appearance and achievements so I guess it could be done by changing the body of one to the other and saving the presets.

There is a mod called "Familiar Faces" (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54509/)

It's not exactly what you're looking for, but if you have a preference between your characters, then one (or more) can stay in the Hall of Heroes, while you can recruit them at any time.

That is the mod that I couldn't remember. And not exactly what I was looking for but thanks.

There is a mod called "Familiar Faces" (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54509/)

It's not exactly what you're looking for, but if you have a preference between your characters, then one (or more) can stay in the Hall of Heroes, while you can recruit them at any time.

That is the mod that I couldn't remember. And not exactly what I was looking for but thanks.

I wonder, if you combined Familiar Faces with the Alternate Actors mod that lets you take over NPC's, could you achive the "Two characters in one file" thing? I've never tried it myself (Familiar Faces is incompatible with some of my other mods) but it sounds like it might work?

I wonder, if you combined Familiar Faces with the Alternate Actors mod that lets you take over NPC's, could you achive the "Two characters in one file" thing? I've never tried it myself (Familiar Faces is incompatible with some of my other mods) but it sounds like it might work?

I didn't know about Alternate Actors, that's pretty much what I'm looking for I guess, will try it out. Thanks!

I didn't know about Alternate Actors, that's pretty much what I'm looking for I guess, will try it out. Thanks!

I didn't know about Alternate Actors either. Tell me how Familiar Faces and Alternate Actors work out! :)

I think you can do it with just Familiar Faces and a console command: "tc" (CMIIW). It toggles the controls from ai-driven to player-driven and vice-versa. You'll have to do it to your player character too or it'll make you move both characters at the same time.

I dunno about the character level/skills progression, but I think the vanilla system already covered the inventory part.

I haven't tried Familiar Faces + Alternate Actors combo, but I think it'll work. I'll try it too and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried it. It actually works, but since I'm using HDT hair and armor my other character disappeared (like fading. If you're using any HDT you'll know what I mean). To make it works correctly, I changed my character's hair to a non-HDT one.

How Alternate Actors works is not by switching the actors, rather it copies & replaces the designated NPC & Player racemenu data to each other through an automated 'showracemenu' sequence. But it is smartly hidden using a fake loading screen. And this process can take a long time.

I forgot to check the skills on each characters but I'm sure it's exchanged correctly since that is the main feature of Alternate Actors and the armor/inventory also exchanged correctly. The only problem I had is with the HDT and the time it takes to process. If you want to try it yourself, go ahead. Just make sure to follow the instruction on the mod's page.