Welcome to the discussion thread for Shadows of Corruption . Here, roleplayers may post their character sheets, put up pics of their characters, discuss the RP, and handle any other OOC (out of character) business.
*There should be no OOC posts in the RP thread itself.*
Shadows of Corruption is a World of Thedas-based RP. You may know this worldspace from the Dragon Age series of games and novels. FreemasonGamer and I created this RP, and he has agreed to co-manage it with me. The story is one that begins approximately ten months after the end of the Fifth Blight, during which time Ferelden is recovering from the physical and emotional losses of the past year. The initial party is comprised of members from an expeditionary force to the Deep Roads through Orzammar, hired by wealthy and opportunistic collectors seeking to profit from the emptying dwarven tunnels. Unfortunately, it is here that things go terribly wrong, as they so often do...
This RP starts in 9:32 Dragon. The ending of Dragon Age - Origins, for the purpose of this RP, will be as follows:
- The Dark Ritual was performed.
- The Warden-Commander (Elisabet Diane Cousland) is Queen of Ferelden, ruling beside King Alistair Theirin.
- Amaranthine was burned, Vigil's Keep was saved.
- The Architect and the Mother were slain.
Also, here are some rules that should be followed when posting in Shadows of Corruption, originally made by Lisnpuppy.
1) Have fun. If you are finding yourself always irritated or unhappy...then why are you here. Figure out the issue or go do something else.
2) Never forget the line between RP In Character and Out of Character and don't cross it. It is easy, especially when you have particularly intense RP, to take things personally. Don't....99% of the time it isn't all about you.
3) Start with a well made character. Have a decent background and personality to make your RP more fun and easier. Your character doesn't have to be set in stone. But having a solidly made character is important or your RP may peter out. Have your character have likes/dislikes, goals, dreams, an arch-enemy....this will help you flesh them out even more and bring them to life.
4) Relationship RP should be the ICING not the CAKE! Make it a side-quest if you will...not the main one.
5) You have to give a little to get a little. We all have RP storylines in which we want others to engage. That is what makes it fun, right? But if you find a friend knee-deep in a RP of their own, don't come in and hijack the RP for yourself or refuse to participate because its not all about YOU. Have fun and throw your lot in with them! Trust me, when your time comes around, people will remember that you play well with others.
6) Don't be a MaryJane! Don't decide that you are going to be a half-dragon or the long-lost illegitimate son of the King of Whoville. It doesn't work, it probably isn't in the lore anywhere, and it will lead only to your RP downfall. Eventually your “special” character will begin to dominate everyone else and their RP. No one will want to play with you...so make your character special in other ways.
7) No godmoding!! Remember, you only control YOUR character and not others. When you RP, do not take over the actions of other Rpers.
For example: Jon casts a frostbolt at Matt knocking him back into the wall and breaking his arms.
Instead try: Jon cast a frostbolt hoping to hit Matt and knocking him out of the way.
This allows the other player to take action. You can have decided before hand how this will go out. You can roll to see what actions happen or how bad an injury is.
8 )Soap Opera-ing. Many of us have wanted to play our character as crazy, a total badass or having an illness or amnesia. Those can all be valid and fun stories. The doom is in taking it too far or too long. These kind of stories ultimately leave little RP options for those around you. Always have movement and a goal in your RP...otherwise it goes nowhere.
9) Be willing to RP with anyone, anytime. Just because you are in a guild or Rping with a friend doesn't mean you can't include others. Walk-Up RP can lead to great things...or simply pass the time for a bit. If others don't RP EXACTLY like you...no sweat. Perhaps they are new and need some gentle guidance. So be open to everything!
10) Communication is the key. Always establish your RP boundaries when you are Rping with someone long-term. If you don't like swearing...or a particular kind of violence...or if you will take anything coming down the pike! Let others know. It avoids awkward and unpleasant conversations later.
A few more rules to add:
11) NO RPing canon characters. If canon characters are requested and/or needed for interaction, they will be RPed by myself.
12) NO Grey Wardens or Mabari Warhound companions are allowed. You are limited to the classes and races provided in the character sheet below. Choose from those options only.
13) You are allowed ONE specialization during char-gen and ONE to be obtained during the course of the RP. The acquisition of a second specialization must be approved by the RP founders.
14) No teleportation. For one thing, it can get really OP very quickly. For another, it causes pandemonium.
15) No strong sexual content. Just because your character/characters are in a relationship it doesn't mean that everyone wants to read what they are doing in their private time.
16) All members are expected to post in three weeks' time. Members who do not post within three weeks of their last one without mentioning RL issues, etc. will be removed from the RP. If something arises that keeps a member from the RP, they can just let either myself or Mason know, and that member will be excused from posting until he or she can officially return.
17) The main character limit is ONE. No more than that, so choose wisely. Side characters are allowed, but they must be in and out very quickly...no becoming a permanent part of the story.
FreemasonGamer and I are co-founders for this RP, and thus, we share the right to enforce the rules.
Additionally, it is important (not to mention courteous) to take turns posting. If you are waiting on a roleplayer to interact with you, and they have not posted in a few days, PM them...they may be busy or may have simply forgotten that it was his or her turn to post. Please be considerate.
Character Sheet Format
Race (Human, Dalish Elf, City Elf, Noble Dwarf, Casteless Dwarf):
Class (Warrior [1 or 2 handed], Rogue [Dual Wielding or Ranged], Mage):
Specialization, Choose ONE if desired (W - Champion, Templar, Berserker, Reaver, Guardian; R - Assassin, Bard, Duelist, Ranger, Shadow; M - Spirit Healer, Blood Mage, Force Mage, Shapeshifter, Arcane Warrior/Knight-Enchanter):
***All character sheets must be approved here first before members are allowed to post.***
When you're ready to post, head on over here.