Enabling Fallout 4 Mods

truthoutthere

you can't rollback it will download the new patch each time. and if you try to block the patch the game won't even start. i had to temp block steam to play up until now i finished the story mission didn't want to risk my save file not loading.

I'm at the wiki site for enabling support for Fallout 4 mods: http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Fallout_4_Mod_Installation

The instructions are a bit confusing to me.

Step 7 says to open Fallout4Custom.ini with your favourite text editor.

Step 8 says to add the lines to Fallout4.ini

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

The way I'm reading it, is that you leave Fallout4Custom.ini alone. Open Fallout4.ini and add the lines. Right?

Also is there supposed to be a value at the end of sResourceDataDirsFinal= ??

my problem with those instructions are it does not tell you what to do with the sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\ .....

do i leave it that way or what the instructions are unclear on this

my problem with those instructions are it does not tell you what to do with the sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\ .....

you don't have to put them in apparently. i left it blank and all textures, etc show up for me. if you leave it blank sResourceDataDirsFinal= i guess it scans all folders in the data directory automatically.

Edited by bladexdsl

Ok, so the .esp type mods just aren't working for me... After enabling them in NMM, I went and found the plugins.txt file and made it read only. That did squat... When I started the game, it still went and disabled them anyway. They used to work originally, but now they wont.

People are also talking about the Fallout4Custom.ini file... yeah, I don't have one of those. I just have Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Prefs.ini As far as I know the game is up to date, and I told it to verify integrity of game cache, and that did nothing. It also only checks one file when you do that, or so the progress bar says.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Edited by DigitalWino

here's how i get esp mods working. use loot and tell it to organise the load order than click apply. locate the loadorder.txt and copy the list to clipboard and close. open plugins.txt make sure it is not read only. paste the list in and save than make it read only. you need to do this every time though (un read only and add esp etc) each time though now that them assholes at beth disabled the built in mod manager :mad:

Edited by bladexdsl

• 1 year later...

I launch the game through F4se and skip the launcher via steam's "set launch options" Not sure if this is effecting my situation but I've been having an issue with adding the

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

When I add these lines to the Fallout4Custom.ini file the game freezes my PC and I can't do anything So I have to restart my PC. I removed those lines from the file, but still have to re-enable all my mods...

I also tried adding the

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

to the Fallout4.ini, and that crashed my game after I re-enabled my mods and tried loading a game.

Is there anything that I can do to make it so I don't have to re-enable all my mods every time i run the game? I've got like 75+ mods and that's time consuming, and annoying to have to do this every time.