[Request] Turn off random vertibird encounters

qnvtwesoegv

Topic title says it all.

They're kinda cool to see at first, but they're only annoying to me now. I'm doing a stealth build/run. They keep ruining everything. Both immersion & stealth.

Stealth example: Spend time sneaking up/around an area I'm about to attack/infiltrate... nope, here comes a vertibird, guns blazing, ruining everything and spoiling all my recon/plans. Bonus points for crashing & exploding on me. Heck, it happens a lot simply as I'm just approaching my target: come over a hill, there's my targteted location below. OK, let's see, which direction should I approach from... wait, here comes a vertibird... [vertibird attacks said location] ...well so much for that. :mad:

Immersion example: Why do these things crash & explode so easily? Why does the BoS seemingly throw these things away like they grow on trees? That doesn't jive at all.

haha Anyway, I'd love such a mod. Get those spoilers out of the sky unless I specifically call for one!

Immersion example: Why do these things crash & explode so easily? Why does the BoS seemingly throw these things away like they grow on trees? That doesn't jive at all.

This. This so many times. I've seen vertibirds lose to raiders with pipe weapons, super mutants with basic assault rifles, and a stiff breeze. I haven't seen them knocked out of the air by bloatflies yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Making them a hell of a lot tougher and a lot smarter about when to retreat would go a long, long way. I'm okay with the frequency, to an extent - the BoS IS supposed to be showing their strength - but it's just immersion-breaking and comical right now. Well, comical until they crash into my settlement and take out several of my settlers. Or crash into me in the middle of a conversation with a NPC for a quest, killing everyone. Or crash into me when I'm just exploring, far away from the Prydwen and anything of interest to the BoS.

...but it's just immersion-breaking and comical right now. Well, comical until they crash into my settlement and take out several of my settlers. Or crash into me in the middle of a conversation with a NPC for a quest, killing everyone. Or crash into me when I'm just exploring, far away from the Prydwen and anything of interest to the BoS.

:wallbash: haha Tell me about it. I haven't had one hit my settlement yet - but I've only got 1 so far. Just luck, probably. I think I'd freak if that happened. :ohmy:

Really driving me nuts now. I have tried hiding (in a house, under a bridge; anywhere I can be completely out of sight) until it goes away - what happens is 1 of 3 things:

1) It circles overhead until it gets shot down

2) It circles overhead and eventually lands & some BoS members disembark & wreak more havoc

3) It flies a little ways away (but not completely), then as soon as I move out of cover it comes right back to my position.

All of the above takes way too much time; only 1) is relatively "effective".

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm kind of surprised that more stealth-oriented players out there aren't pissed about this.

I think you guys are looking for Durable Vertibirds.

Yea, I use that mod, and it helps a bit.

The encounters are still annoying as hell though, because of how useless the vertibird crews are at killing stuff.

So the mod just make them linger around the target longer, trying to shoot through walls and whatnot.

It would be nice to the vertibirds buzz by once in a while, but have them not engage in combat so often.

• 2 weeks later...