Reasons why you reloaded a save?

GringoLoco91

I've reloaded a bunch of times. I usually play as a sniper.... .50 caliber headshots rock. The most recent one was doing the last memory mission in Far Harbor. I had changed the way the beam goes around the room and realized that it wasn't gonna work. So off to youtube I went to see how someone else solved it. Got it fixed and finally finished the blasted thing.

One other time I had to reload was because I got pwned by a gunner with a mini nuke. Didn't even know where it came from. The puke was hiding up on the highway in Quincy. I was fighting a legendary automatron down in the street. That was tough enough. I had to call in an artillery strike to knock it down.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reloaded far too many times at Atom Cats Garage. Rowdy cannot seem to stay out of the line of fire after I select a Gunner/Raider/Ghoul/Super Mutt in VATS. I musta killed her a half dozen times before I began running up onto the roof of the garage when fighting anything at that location.

Mostly because of a glitch or bug. Reload to figure out a way around it. After playing bethesda games for years i've become an avid fan of oversaving. I make about 8 or 9 permanent saves which I rotate. Save instinctively about once every hour. Save before I start a quest, save after I finish that quest.. Save, save save.

This has made survival a bit of a scary thing for me to play but so far I'm having fun with it. Every now and then my thumb will automatically still try to open the save screen though. I basically just put my character on a good schedule.. go back to a settlement and go to bed at 10:pm every night. This has made it slow progress but also, if I die I'm only going back up to 48 minutes. That's really no big deal. There are a few quests I'm totally scared of though. We'll have to see how those go.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone else come across scenes of two men who look exactly the same shooting at each other? Where one of them's apparently a synth and the other's the real human? The men have a name, but I can't remember it at the moment.

Anyway, whenever I come across them, I try and pick the synth version and help the human out by killing it. Only, I always get it wrong, and end up killing the human instead -_- So I reload when that happens.

Hmm... Oh, also, when you do that Covenant quest, and if you have Cait with you, she'll dislike every possible choice you can make when you get to a certain point. I reloaded a couple of times to figure that out the hard way :)

Saving Kent, yeah, reloaded then too. Except I eventually gave up and let him die, thinking there was no way to save him. I found out later though that he could be saved, and kicked myself that I didn't have a file to reload to by that point! Grrr!!

I think other than that, just trying out different dialogue options on different quests with different companions to see how they'd react, like the U.S Constitution one. I've only done that with like 2 or 3 quests though :P

Reloaded far too many times at Atom Cats Garage. Rowdy cannot seem to stay out of the line of fire after I select a Gunner/Raider/Ghoul/Super Mutt in VATS. I musta killed her a half dozen times before I began running up onto the roof of the garage when fighting anything at that location.

In my game Rowdy never does anything much and has never been anywhere near my line of fire. The only who did that was Duke but I didn't kill him, it was a Gunner (honest).

Somehow I misplaced my favorite rifle.

I had been doing a whole bunch of settlement construction in several locations and was at a loss as to know where that rifle might be. So I created a save and then went back through my previous six saves and lost a whole lot of work until I found a save with the rifle (the last one available, as I only keep six and cycle through them.

I was in the process of redoing all the work when I realized where it might be so I went back to the save before my search and checked. And there it was, safely tucked in the safe with the rest of my stashed Legendary Weapons and Armor.

Seven reloads to find one rifle.

• 4 weeks later...

Somehow I misplaced my favorite rifle.

I had been doing a whole bunch of settlement construction in several locations and was at a loss as to know where that rifle might be. So I created a save and then went back through my previous six saves and lost a whole lot of work until I found a save with the rifle (the last one available, as I only keep six and cycle through them.

I was in the process of redoing all the work when I realized where it might be so I went back to the save before my search and checked. And there it was, safely tucked in the safe with the rest of my stashed Legendary Weapons and Armor.

Seven reloads to find one rifle.

I did something similar with the Ghoul Mask in FO3. I finally found a save where I had it in my inventory, but lost two days play.

• 5 years later...

I think it's even worse that, even as bigots go, they're more than willing to kill non-synths too.... more than OK with killing however many of the same non-synth people they're supposedly trying to protect.

They aren't trying to protect people. They are trying to protect white partiatrchy the human species. They are genomic bigots.

Actual humans don't matter because abstractions are more important than real things. (Real things are messy and full of contradiction, but ideals are pure and inviolate. C.f. Hegel &c.)