Reasons why you reloaded a save?

GringoLoco91

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I really like to kill off the folks there at Drumond Diner. I don't like the drug dealer, I really, really don't like his bodyguard, Trudy gets on my bad side during the first wave of dialogs, and I just gotta put her drugged out kid out of his misery.

BUT

I like having two merchants so close to my Starlight Drive In settlement.

So

Kill um all off, reset form the save, then go up and do the micro quest of patching things up between them.

That, and I just love the way my toons say "Ok that does it, this world can officially bite my a$$"

I really like to kill off the folks there at Drumond Diner. I don't like the drug dealer, I really, really don't like his bodyguard, Trudy gets on my bad side during the first wave of dialogs, and I just gotta put her drugged out kid out of his misery.

BUT

I like having two merchants so close to my Starlight Drive In settlement.

So

Kill um all off, reset form the save, then go up and do the micro quest of patching things up between them.

That, and I just love the way my toons say "Ok that does it, this world can officially bite my a$$"

Where is the other merchant? I note that Carla visits Drumlin on the regular, but, so far, she is the only wandering merchant I have seen there.

Heyas HeyYou, LTNS! (I been away for a while, LOL)

Well, I was referring to Trudy, and ummmm....Whats-his-name.... (super brain fart here) the chem dealer dude

:) Nice to "see" you again.

Wolfgang? The guy that sold a bunch o' jet to Trudy's son? I chased him off, never to be seen again..... Rather curious where he actually goes, or if he simply ceases to exist.

When confronted with the molerat disease & the choice that follows (vault 81), I reloaded and made sure not to get bitten as I didn't want to let the kid suffer, nor did I want to take the 'hit' myself.

Wolfgang was one too, well technically not a reload, but the first time I just shot him & bodyguard on sight, thinking they where ordinary raiders. If I remember correctly some other raiders hunted me out of revenge for killing him.

Next time I just watched what happens first ;) Haven't killed him since.

Same thing with the guy at the flooded quarry.

As I usually snipe my victims from afar, before rushing in, I did sometimes pop the wrong heads the first time around :laugh:

When confronted with the molerat disease & the choice that follows (vault 81), I reloaded and made sure not to get bitten as I didn't want to let the kid suffer, nor did I want to take the 'hit' myself.

Wolfgang was one too, well technically not a reload, but the first time I just shot him & bodyguard on sight, thinking they where ordinary raiders. If I remember correctly some other raiders hunted me out of revenge for killing him.

Next time I just watched what happens first :wink: Haven't killed him since.

Same thing with the guy at the flooded quarry.

As I usually snipe my victims from afar, before rushing in, I did sometimes pop the wrong heads the first time around :laugh:

I have an eyewear mod that highlights folks for me. Red for enemies, Blue for friendlys, and yellow for corpses. Darn convenient, as I tend to play the sneaky sniper as well. Of course, the guards at the insane asylum show as hostile..... when they really aren't. :D I think it just goes by the faction they are in, and gunners, by and large, are pretty hostile. :) Not sure just how they managed to make the guys there fairly accepting.

Aye, Wolfgang. I couldnt think of his name, thanks HY!

INteresting. I'd never chased him off. No clue, he prolly wanders off the screen and then does a fade out.

Heh, maybe an idea for a mod to make him wander back into our "lives" again at some point.

On the point of the molerat disease. Yeah. That's a she-dog. Especially with the problem where followers can give it to you, if they're bitten.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8908 this corrects that problem.

This helps protect you from it. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5646

And then if you search disease in the mods section, there's several mods that affect it after that. Either to just have it wear off, or make it so that we can craft a cure, use Curie's medicine, and a few others.

Aye, I use targeting sensors also. Mine started when I was on PS4, Bethesda.net had one called The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly that I used. Largely for the corpse highlight, especially at night. I'd lose them!

Now, granted, the enemy highlight was a damned nice benefit too! :D

Yeah, I use the Verdant Wasteland mod, so, there is a LOT of vegetation, and losing bodies becomes really easy. Even WITH the highlight, they are sometimes fun to find. :D

When I do the molerat disease quest, I just try and make sure I don't get bitten. :D Tossing grenades into rooms tends to bring out the molerats... with the side benefit of killing a few of 'em as well. :D