Walls and Roofs, Fixing the holes but maintaining the vanilla textures

Cinnabot

Another request for the modding community

I know its possible but it hasn't been Fully done the way it should be... for all settlements containing prewar buildings (mainly Sanctuary), can you guys fix the walls and roofs. And NO, before you say anything i don't want a prewar look with green grass and fresh paint... i want one that looks as if it is a building that has been around for two hundred years and survived and apocalypse. I just want to have the holes in the roof and walls fixed but with the same textures as the vanilla game.

-Patch holes in roof

-Patch holes in walls

-NO prewar look

-Looks as if it has been through apocalypse

-also if possible (applies to sanctuary) fix the shelves built into the houses so they aren't collapsed.

Thank you and i hope it can be done, have a nice day

I really want this too. What I would like is a mesh swap with post war textures on the Sanctuary houses and on Taffington Boathouse in particular. I am tired of building houses with "hats" (metal roofs placed over the existing ones).

Another option would be to be able to scrap the roofs so that we could re-roof properly but LOD would need changing for that I think.

The only other option I can think of is to make it possible to slide roof and wall parts into existing structures as if they are not there/an obstacle. I am doing this at the moment through console commands (modpos x, y, z #; modangle z #; eg. modpos y 10) but it is time consuming. There is a mod for that but I can't get AHK stuff to run with my game.

I'm planning on creating such a mod once the new GECK/CK comes out. I won't be modifying the meshes themselves but doing everything in the editor (ie. not changing the actual mesh out of the editor. I will be adding and removing, moving, etc) My intent in general is to clean up the settlements a bit, removing the trash items that can't be removed, moving or removing some of the bits that get in the way of building, restoring some houses etc.

Specific areas I want to change is fixing the houses in Sanctuary and restoring the Mansion on the island (I forget the name.) Or atleast making the rubble in the mansion removable so you can actually use the house.

In addition I would like to expand the settlements, increasing the build radius around the workbench as well as possibly provide new areas to build settlements. One possibility in addition to that would be to create a placeable workbench that will create a settlement zone around it that can be placed anywhere. Though this could create issues with spawn zones, or blocking travel routes.