Fallout 4 Crashes at startup

Lightsheik

Hi,

A couple of days ago I was playing Fallout 4 with mods without any problem. Now, since the last NMM update the game keeps crashing less then 5-10 seconds after I press start. I cant even reach the menu.

I try disabling all mods but the same thing happens. Does anyone have the same problem ? Is there an easy fix that I'm not aware of ?

any update to this yet? i was playing just fine today and restarted my computer for a (hopefully) unrelated reason, and when i tried to start fallout back up, it just immediately crashed every time. i tried verifying the cache in steam and it said some errors were fixed, but it continues to crash... any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: okay, so i updated NMM and checked out LOOT and it said i had a broken mod. disabled it and everything has been running smoothly

Edited by wrinklykiller

Click the plugin tab on NMM and look at all the .esps. Sounds like one of them was missing a master, which is a pretty common problem. I've noticed a few mods where the maker accidentally included a master and sense it was an accident, it wasn't listed as a requirement in the description.

UPDATE...something is incredibly wrong...games crashes all the time even without NMM, mods and all .ini in default....what is that? it worked yesterday...is there any way to make it work without reinstalling?

And if reinstall is necessary can I keep my saves by simply copying them back to the folder after reinstall?

Had the same problem, follow this guide as NMM prompted me to. http://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Fallout_4_Mod_Installation

Game did not load at all previously, went to disable all mods and re-enable them in order to see what was wrong, upon reactivating a mod a popup displayed and said to go to this link and follow the steps. Make sure you disable the "Read Only" option on the Fallout4Custom file. Hope this helps you chaps.

Edited by VVhiteGuy

I tried this but it didn't work for me. Then i deleted all mods and made everything default. At first game crashed with a pop-up that it stopped working but now after deleting everything and restarting pc it crashes during loading to menu without any pop-up or error message. I got angry and started reinstall, just hope that my backup saves will work :D.

Best of luck to you man, I had to restart several times because of the crash leading to game menu. Frustrating to say the least. I had all mods disabled when I did the step above, don't know if that makes a difference. All back up saves 99% should be there. A couple weeks ago I had to do a fresh install of Fallout because I fugged up transferring the game to my new SSD. All game saves were there, mods weren't of course. But steam saves some information at the very least.