Fallout 4 Crashes at startup

Lightsheik

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just solved my issue. The update for the mod installation guide on the nexus has an oopsy in it.

The: "sResourceDataDirsFinal=" in the Fallout4 Custom file

needs to have a 1 after the equals sign. in the steps in the link it doesn't show that causing an apparent amount of confusion, at least for me. check to make sure you have that 1. I saw that and figured I'd try it just to laugh when it didn't work. knowing I had spent the past TWO DAYS on forums and you tube looking for solutions, and also reinstalling FO4 AND nexus mod manager several times along with mods and such to finally realize that it was all because of a 1. Damn it nexus. Hope this helps you!!!

Edited by jasontownsend56

• 1 month later...

Click the plugin tab on NMM and look at all the .esps. Sounds like one of them was missing a master, which is a pretty common problem. I've noticed a few mods where the maker accidentally included a master and sense it was an accident, it wasn't listed as a requirement in the description.

omg, dude, thx so much

• 1 month later...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just solved my issue. The update for the mod installation guide on the nexus has an oopsy in it.

needs to have a 1 after the equals sign. in the steps in the link it doesn't show that causing an apparent amount of confusion, at least for me. check to make sure you have that 1. I saw that and figured I'd try it just to laugh when it didn't work. knowing I had spent the past TWO DAYS on forums and you tube looking for solutions, and also reinstalling FO4 AND nexus mod manager several times along with mods and such to finally realize that it was all because of a 1. Damn it nexus. Hope this helps you!!!

Worked to solve the crashing issue without mods, but installing a few at a time makes it crash again, and I'm back to crashing with or without mods, even with the new code.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is false. Many mods need this. Also I tried it and it still crashed at startup. Thanks for the idea though

• 1 month later...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This have been the Fallout4.ini file for me (not the custom file) where the "1" was missing.

After fixing the missing "1" the game didnt crashed at the intro video anymore.

But i have to add... i had the crashes after trying to install some mods (wit NMM).

Then i deaktivated the mods - game crashed at startup

I checked for errors via steam - nothing

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game via Steam - game still crashing at startup

Now it seems to work again but i have no Mods installed yet, so i cant say if this will help you if you have mods installed.

so long....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...