I'm Really Losing Interest - Is this game even worth finishing?

Nebrule

You're right SayinNuthin, what do you call vanilla with out the vanilla? That's what we got.

The empty structures will be taken care of for sure, just like that great 'DC Interiors' mod did for FO3, but what we're gonna need the most are some mods that really focus heavily on immersion. I've never been a hardocre survival mode, remeber to press 'B' to take a breath immersioner, but we're gonna need some of these mods to add some depth to this mess.

I've suggested it in the mod request area before, I think if someone can figure out how to implement some kind of Karma system into the game, that would at least try to mimic what FO3 had on the surface, it would do a lot for FO4.

Also, I'm really hoping some folks take their time and do some massive "new lands" areas with towns, quests ect, like some of the goodones for Skyrim.

New lands... lolz? You really haven't seen my New Vegas content page have you? :laugh:

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also waiting on DLC and mods, TBH. I'm spending more time discussing mods than I am playing. And, having found spoilers, I am holding off progressing my story until certain quest lines are given alternatives to the silly "black/white" options.

... I might just mod up F:NV to bring the graphics up to par and play that instead.

I think one of the notes found on random super mutants sums FO4 up nicely...

KILL

LOOT

RETURN

Spot fkin on Kraag, I think that's the note that finally put me over and started this whole rant.

sounds like (a lot of) you just need a break. I know the feeling, fire up the game, walk around for 10 minutes and then it's ... uuuugh. I don't want to do this.

I've realized that there's really no reason to blast through this game with every last second of my free time, which is how many of us likely approached FO4, at least for the first couple weeks. One of my co-workers even blew all his PTO to take a week off to do nothing but play. This is the best and quickest way to get burnt out on this game or any other. After last weekend, where I was up till 4am both nights, hit lvl 35 and got a couple perks I was after, my interest and motivation has plateaued. I see no benefit from forcing myself to continue to play like that for right now. It's time to put down the crack pipe and detox for a while. There's also no reason to get bummed out about it. The game will be there waiting, probably with a couple new patches, and a few new mods to improve on things.

So don't sweat it, it's like "i cain't quit you, so ima just hafta put you down for a while."