[IDEA EXCHANGE] Settlement Modifications, Improvements

Athanasa

A thought crossed my mind, and I don't know how technically feasible it would be, but...

It would be nice to be able to have the various prefab sections, (optionally?) instead of remaining as a single unit, break down into their individual components, so that you can build quickly with prefab sections, and then change that one thing that doesn't quite fit, without having to re-create the prefab section out of individual components.

If we had that sort of functionality, in theory, it could be used to place doors, or other small fiddly things that currently don't snap into position.

As an advanced feature which will pretty much have to have scripting support, it would be awesome to be able to designate a set of placed components as a new prefab structure.

----

Thinking about things a little more, currently various settlers in Sanctuary bang on the walls of the houses as an idle; it would be awesome if the structures in a settlement were upgraded over time, given that we already have settlers (apparently) doing so already. Ideally we would want an idle marker for each upgradeable object, and have something that randomly picks one to upgrade over time; probably have something that tracks elapsed man-hours spent on doing so (based on the expected frequency of the idle executing), and repeatedly consumes an amount of effort for a randomly picked object, until expending all accrued effort when the player next enters the settlement.

----

Given I'm lazy, that we're brining civilisation to the area, and we have a wide network of various communities working together to defend each other, I think it would make sense to be able to designate a settler somewhere on the network of settlements to craft armour, weapons, ammo, clothing, advanced components, etc. from the basic salvage that gets scrounged up. Possibly would want a radiant quest to retrieve an appropriate kind of undamaged machine from a random factory as a requirement before doing so, or have one such a machine exist at each of the settlements that you can claim.