Enabling a portal after a certain quest stage.

TehNewbie

Lol i just read u placed the script on the portal itself. No wonder u can't select it :tongue:
Just replace "Theportal" with "Self" and remove "theportal" property.

so that it reads Self.Enable() instead of theportal.enable()

Edited by Di0nysys

Lol i just read u placed the script on the portal itself. No wonder u can't select it :tongue:

Just replace "Theportal" with "Self" and remove "theportal" property.

so that it reads Self.Enable() instead of theportal.enable()

I tried it before, but it didn't work. Thank you though.

*sigh*

I think that all this is beyond me.

Well... There still is the quest solution.

I'll write things that I checked in the quest window.

Start Game Enabled, Run Once and Warn in alias fill failure are all unchecked.

Allow repeated stages is checked.

Priority is set to 80.

The rest in the Quest Data tab is left with default options.

I have only one stage, 10, with empty log entry. Start Up Stage is checked.

I also have a condition set that runs on subject, GetQuestCompleted MQ305 == 1.00 (I tried to change "subject" to "player" but it didn't work)

As for the Papyrus Fragment...

When I was editing the MQ305 quest to make the portal work, I added "ObjectReference Property ThePortal Auto" line to the main script of the quest, then in the Papyrus Fragment window I added "ThePortal.Enable()" line, and everything worked. I decided to make something like this in my quest, but it doesn't work. I need to somehow make it run when MQ305 is completed. The condition I wrote doesn't seem to work though.

Should I add/change/remove anything?

Yes, you should add Debug.Trace(...) statements, enable Papyrus logging and look up your logs to determine what causes it to not work.

Furthermore, you need to think how well polished your change would you like to be. Should the condition be evaluated once, on mod installation? Or every time player loads a game? On location change? When the player enters specific area? Will the portal get enabled as well when someone install the mod before MQ305, and then completes MQ305?

I added it to my script, but no errors, warnings or anything strange appeared in the log. But guess what, the problem is solved! Seems like everything worked from the beginning! Yeah, all I had to do was fast travel somewhere else, and then return to the portal. But of course, I didn't think of that before, noooo. Why, in the name of Mara, should I reload a cell. Of course I had to blame the script. :facepalm: *mutters under breath*

Goodness gracious, I'm terribly sorry for wasting so much of your time, and, possibly, annoying you with my incredibly low modding skills. At least I learned a bit more about scripting :happy: Thank you all for your help and time, and I apologize again.

Talos guard you all.