Missing Fallout3.esm

bunnyman280

OK so I've been trying to get these mods to work for like a month on Fallout, and have re downloaded the game all the mods several times, but now that I updated the Nexus Mod Manager I noticed that all of my mods are saying that I'm missing the main fallout esm. But I'm not, I can see it in the data folder, but I was wondering why the fallout3.esm on the mod manager looked kinda faded grey while all the other esms and esps were in a darker text. Anyone know what's wrong?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so... turns out I forgot to move back the esm from the folder i store the copies in so I found the esm. The data folder is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 3 even though it isn't a steam game. (I bought it on retail, the game never asked if I wanted it on Steam but plays just fine without the disk and just fose and the files) However, my game still won't start :pinch:

My load order if ya'll still wanna help:

Fallout3.esm=1
Anchorage.esm=1
ThePitt.esm=1
BrokenSteel.esm=1
PointLookout.esm=1
Zeta.esm=1
RH_IRONSIGHTS.esm=1
Companion Core.esm=1
RobCo Certified v2.esm=1
RTS NW.esm=1
Sharing and Caring Companions.esm=1
tubrrCompound.esm=1
Mothership Crew.esm=1
TSC Air Support.esm=1
RivetCityReborn.esm=1
TenpennyReborn.esm=1
Sydney Follower.esp=1
starwarsblasters.esp=1
Col Enclave Recon.esp=1
COL Enclave Hell.esp=1
colossus BOS.esp=1
Colossus Outcast.esp=1
T51cReconhelm.esp=1
colossus T51c.esp=1
CombatEnhanced-Package v02.esp=1
Conelrad 640-1240.esp=1
Delay ThePitt + Anchorage.esp=1
DelayAnchorage.esp=1
DelayThePitt.esp=1
DelaySteel.esp=1
delaypl.esp=1
delayzeta.esp=1
Distributed Necklaces and Chains - Males and Females.esp=1
Enclave Radio Enhanced.esp=1
EnclaveSergeantRL3.esp=1
Follower Autumn.esp=1
GNR Enhanced.esp=1
Lt Williams Companion.esp=1
Backpacks.esp=0
Backpacks_witheffects.esp=1
Megaton House and Theme Overhaul.esp=1
megalight.esp=1
Megaton Walkway.esp=1
RH_IronSights_Basic_AnchoragePlugin.esp=1
RH_IronSights_RemoveReticule.esp=0
RH_IronSights_Basic_VanillaPlugin.esp=1
RH_IronSights_Basic_ZetaPlugin.esp=1
RH_IronSights_Pitt_NewRifleSights.esp=1
RH_IronSights_Basic_PittPlugin.esp=1
RH_IronSights_PL_NewItems.esp=1
RH_IronSights_Basic_BrokenSteelPlugin.esp=1
RH_IronSights_Basic_PointLookoutPlugin.esp=1
RobCo Certified v2 Version Updater.esp=1
RobCo Certified v2 Zeta Addon.esp=1
Companion Core DLC Addon.esp=1
RTS NW - Volume 1st.esp=1
RTS NW - Volume 2nd.esp=1
RTS NW - Volume 3rd.esp=1
RTS NW - Volume 4 Stone.esp=1
SCC - Talk to Anyone.esp=1
SSN715SubmarinePlayerHouse.esp=1
Tag! - You're it.esp=1
UpgradedCaravanMerchants.esp=1
History can kill part 2.esp=1
COL Enclave VER2.esp=1
tubRRCompound.esp=1
RH_IronSights_Vanilla_NewWeapons.esp=1
TSC Air Support.esp=1
StarWarsArmorV2.esp=1
Maks StarWars Weapons.esp=1
MZC Addon-Olympus Armory.esp=1
MZC Addon-Olympus Armory (forecefield).esp=0
MZC-NPC-Tyranid-Xenomorph.esp=1
MZC-Gear-StarWarsRifle.esp=1
MZC-Gear-StarWars.esp=0
MZC-Gear-StarWarsArmor.esp=0
MZC-Gear-StarWarsArmorRifle.esp=1
Sydney Follower - Load Order Fix.esp=1

I thought that the esm being gone would fix the issue, but now that I've found it and put it where it belongs, I still can't start Fallout

we need a bit more credibility here as for information goes...I just downloaded and checked both versions of Roboco's products.

installed them by extracting and combining the packages clean into a single 7z zipped file and used Mod Organizer version (1.2.18 ) used Fomm from the new Vegas forked version to sort it with only the DLC's in tact and ran it. it all works.

My game is NOT installed in a protected directory either though retail..and cleaned system free of securRom's nasty bugs...there is no problems with "Mo" finding the master for the game.

that message is very weird to see in th screen shot shown. But if it's grayed out? it may be locked by the operating system so no other data is allowed to access it. It is clear as rain the data is three, but grayed out / off limits to you.

the screen shot may be correct as if the program "Nmm" is not allowed to touch the file so it some how is not loading.

there is no issues with Roboco's mods I can find.

The real question here is where was the game bought on retail. The install location is not correct for the disc version, so it must have been purchased from Steam. If so, you need to move Steam and the game out of "Program Files".

There are instructions available from Steam on how to do this.

The real question here is where was the game bought on retail. The install location is not correct for the disc version, so it must have been purchased from Steam. If so, you need to move Steam and the game out of "Program Files".

Hell if I can remember where, I got it years ago for Christmas. But it's worked just fine in the Steam folder for the past year or so.

Hell if I can remember where, I got it years ago for Christmas. But it's worked just fine in the Steam folder for the past year or so.

have you recently installed any other games "prior to this issue? "

ok here is what I am seeing ,why we are both curious.

OK so I've been trying to get these mods to work for like a month on Fallout, and have re downloaded the game all the mods several times

now, I do ok with English for here.as I am south American, Brazil area of the world, but understanding things posted and cracking what is posted get tough some times.

so, the red leads me to think things are wrong.

currently we now see two distinct outlines of information...please be specific...do you have the cd ? if so, run it's sep up program and allow it to re-install the game but reboot when it's UN-installed "1rst"

Help me understand this because there are things your definitely not aware of. we are.

this looks very strange.