Fulcon

yes pls make it happen... with a cool animation for when you target several people in vats... like an old school comboy shooting spree XD hamering the hammer and shooting everyone dead in a couple of seconds...

That'd be amazing. :D I think it'd look better if slo-mo were eliminated for V.A.T.S too. :D

Also something that bothers me with the musket is that you can only crank the first shot multiple times... the next shot you target in vats is a simple 1 charged shot... would like to be able to customize the charge in vats with this weapon (and the musket but thats a diff. conversation) if possible

• 3 weeks later...

Would be awesome, won't lie.

I can't wait for Geck to come out so this weapon is feasible. Heck, I wouldn't mind just a mod that gives the Musket a pistol grip like all the other energy weapons in the game.

...I would like the infinite ammo thing, though. Make it a selling point of the weapon.

Seems that this fella beat me to the thought.

This is something which would benefit F4's lacking revolutionary themed items. Plasma variety's would be great as well.

Imagine the standard plasma pistols look but a little more slender flintlock esque look. Fires once and it does a sort of cool down thing hissing and spitting green fumes and takes maybe 2 seconds before it can be fired again. Powerful but a real slow shooter

The idea came off this basically.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/3/37/FO4_John_Hancock_Art_Book.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160104190831

Edited by DunndelionRHCP

• 1 month later...

A semi Auto(think of the Laser Musket similar to the Bolt action rifle with this mod) and Full auto(Gatling style firing)

Also on the subject of the original poster, this could be a good way to implement a Laser Flintlock.

This is from Forgotten weapons Youtube channel . Quite good stuff.

Enjoyed reading, but I'm still fuzzy on the distinction you're drawing between 'flintlock' and 'musket'. Weren't they basically the same thing, back when?

AFAIK in the 1770s, a musket was a flintlock long gun with a smooth barrel, while a rifle was a flintlock long gun with rifled grooves for better stability and range. Everything that shot bullets was a flintlock, in those days (unless you were an old codger who preferred a matchlock, I guess).

A laser blunderbuss I can totally get behind, though.

Enjoyed reading, but I'm still fuzzy on the distinction you're drawing between 'flintlock' and 'musket'. Weren't they basically the same thing, back when?

AFAIK in the 1770s, a musket was a flintlock long gun with a smooth barrel, while a rifle was a flintlock long gun with rifled grooves for better stability and range. Everything that shot bullets was a flintlock, in those days (unless you were an old codger who preferred a matchlock, I guess).

A laser blunderbuss I can totally get behind, though.

The distinction was that it was like a Laser Musket in Pistol form and it was weaker than the Musket, but with infinite ammo as a contrast to the Musket's cell-guzzling ways. It literally has nothing to do with reality at all and I'm disappointed with myself for not simply thinking of a pistol-grip mod for the Musket, with a capacitor that makes the musket not use ammo.

Glad you enjoyed the Omake, though! :)