Can someone please help me reset this quest?

VirtualVictory

I'm trying to reset Mama Murphy's quest. She gives it to you upon first speaking with her. I told her she shouldn't continue taking chems before I crafted her chair and now I would like to reset it. It's been 2 weeks now and I'm still desperately searching for help as I don't want to continue with the story until it's reset. All I'm asking is for someone to explain to me how I would type some commands and variables into the console o

The Information:

The quest base ID for Mama Murphy's 'The Sight' quest is EBE71. The FormID for her quest is MQ00MAMAMURPHY. These are the quest objectives:

10 Bring Jet to Mama Murphy

20 Build Mama Murphy's chair in Sanctuary

30 Bring Mentants to Mama Murphy

40 Bring Med-X to Mama Murphy

50 Bring Buffout to Mama Murphy

60 Bring Psycho to Mama Murphy

These are the quest stages that I currently have completed:

(not set) 80

(not set) 85

(not set) 90

(not set) 200

(not set) 220

(not set) 225

(not set) 230

(not set) 240

(done) 500

(not set) 700

(done) 900

(not set) 1000

(not set) 2000

I clicked on Mama Murphy (her reference is 1a4d8) and typed "ShowQuestVars EBE71." Many variables came up relating to the quest that I am hoping someone can explain to me.

This is everything that came up:

---papyrus----------------------------------

mq00mamamurphyscript:

script state = ""

Ungrouped Auto Properties:

Mama Murphy = Alias Mama Murphy on quest MQ00MamaMurphy (000EBE71)

NPCChairMamaMurphy = (184E5A)

var_GoingCleanAttempt = 0

var_MamaInChair = 0

var_SightRest = 0

Workshop Parent Const: = WorkshopParent (2058E)

Variables:

GoingCleanTimer = 20

UsedSightTimer = 10

(9 Aliases for quest MQ00MamaMurphy (000EBE71)

---Quest State----------------------------

Enabled? No

State: Stopped

Current Stage 900

Priority 50

TYPING "RESETQUEST EBE71" AND "SETSTAGE EBE71 10" IS NOT WORKING FOR ME. When ever I try to reset it and set the stage to 80 or 10 (I'm unsure which one) it just won't set, I was hoping someone would know why.

What I'm asking:

1.) I'm asking what the command or variable is that adds Mama Murphy's chair to the build menu.

2.) Is it possible to set a quest stage that's lower than the one you've completed most recently?

3.) What's the difference between quest objectives and quest stages? One is listed in the pip-boy and another is behind the scenes.

4.) Does it matter whether I use the base ID of the quest or the formID? Example: EBE71 or MQ00MamaMurphy

5.) How do I restart the quest to change "stopped" to "running?"

The best case scenario would be having her reset as if I've never spoken to her before and start her quest again but you and I both know that's not going to happen. Thanks to Zeyphir, I found a global variable that allows you to get the special sight information: "set playerknowsthesight to 1/0." However, I would like to know the command to add Mama Murphy's chair to the building menu.

• 1 month later...

I figured I would let everyone know how I reset this quest, along with many others.

What you have to do is:

1. ResetQuest "Base ID of Quest"

2. ReloadScript "QuestScript" For this quest it's "MQ00MamaMurphyQuestScript"

Again, together, it's: "ReloadScript MQ00MamaMurphyQuestScript"

2. ClearQuestAliases "Quest Base ID" 1

3. SetQuestAliases "Quest Base ID" 1

4. Save your game and exit to main menu.

5. StartQuest "Quest Base ID"

You can type "sqv "Quest Base ID" to see if the quest is running and if it's not, repeat the steps.

ResetQuest EBE71

ReloadScript MQ00MamaMurphyQuestScript

ClearQuestAliases EBE71

SetQuestAliases EBE71

Save & Exit

StartQuest EBE71

SetStage EBE71 10

Etc..

ClearQuestAliases EBE71

Note: After you have completed a quest in the way you want, you need to clear the quest aliases again! Multiple quests can't use the same aliases at once so when you would try to clearquestaliases in another quest that uses Mama Murphy or any npc for that matter, it will fail.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...