Before you request a mod,

SlappyMeats

I totally agree with you. people, should do that lot cause even your example of emporers armor. I saw like 8 of them all at once on a thread of mods. Me however, I always loom up mods before requesting, because it would be stupid and pointless to do so without looking.

Maybe the thing one must have in mind when asking (or even modding hinself) for a mod is:

TES, with Morrowind and Oblivion as exponents in this aspect, was made with great easy to be modified as a concept. But it is not a 'Game Developer Kit'. It is designed to be a alone PC game, it is not good not even at mounted player combat (although horse existed since the begin). It strives for the player being honored and gaining attention from people being 'good', the AI don't knows as to deal well with the evil ones.

These are not impediments on itself, as Companions mod were developed with success, yet in the vanilla game this can turn things 'too easy', many of these companions mods tend to be even boring at some times, yet others are better mainly because such companions turns the mod more a quest mod than a companion one.

Mounted combat mods not yet managed to give us a really good experience, yet they are not worthless.

'Evilness' mods are complicated enough to me opining about for now, I can just advance they need a whole background to even hope not being just total and mindless butchering nonsense.

But some suggestions are going beyond the absurd. Hey, I know this idea is good at game xyz. The own xyz game is great. So be it, Oblivion don't even resembles this xyz game. No one that think a bit before asking would fail to perceive that what they are asking, if done... if even possible to be done, would transform Oblivion in a cheap, unpleasant if not just disgusting shadow of the other.

Not more to append to the already said, except repeating and repeating to the ones that ask for mods: 'think'

• 2 months later...
Hi, everyone! Does any of you have the mod " The wizard shop "? Because I downloaded it some months ago but now the link has been deleted and I accidentally removed it in the recycle bin! I thank you in advance and hope that some of you can help me. PS: I will link my email address if you confirm to have that mod. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thanks:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wrong. its been done many times. There is a very good search function on the mods page. :thumbsup: Type in crusader for a half dozen, then Templar for a bunch more. :whistling:

There are well over 10,000 mods here. Don't put down any money on what hasn't been done. :biggrin:

Maybe it's just me, but I'm kinda getting a little sick of requests for mods that have already been done, done again, and done some more every other day. If I see one more "can u make teh emperorz armor plz!" I'm gonna lose my mind.

With that said, keep this in mind: if you have an idea for a mod that

1) makes armor, clothing, or accessories playable

2) makes an NPC or your horse essential or non-essential

3) increases the value or strength of a weapon or set of armor

4) puts a player-owned house somewhere

5) makes Dremoras a playable race

6) alters vampires' faces or protects them from the sun, or

7) gives you an instant-kill spell,

search for it in the file index before you set upon the mod request forum with your question. It will be there, trust me. In fact, if you are tempted to type "it's probably easy to make, so could somebody make it?" then chances are, somebody already has.

If it's not already made, then go nuts, somebody will be happy you had the idea. Otherwise, let's not clutter up the forum with redundant posts.

I think a mention of ... original material not so much on copyrighted stuff... cuz that stuff is usually taken down if uploaded for public use right?

If you can't find a mod, or just don't know where to look for it .. post a question at wolflore. We'll try to help locate it for you. It's helpful to know the original modder's name or the name of the mod .. but, if you have that information .. you can find it yourself with the Nexus Search feature. Don't expect 'instant gratification' .. It might take a day (or several) to get to you, so it's better if you can do it for yourself.

The Nexus is the best place to find the mod you want, but if you need help and want to learn how to find mods for yourself, I can help with that. But, if you just want it to be 'done for you' then I think you're 'just lazy'.

If a mod truly does not exist (doubtful), and if the mod idea has a broad enough appeal (lots of people would like it), I'm sure there's a modder that would help with it.

If you want a new 'killer sword' or more 'magic armor' there's already tons of that stuf, and it's easy to find.

One last thing:

Recently, a few people have contacted me saying they can't find 'Borderless Cyrodiil'. It's needed if you use my house mods since one house is in Morrowind and another is in Valenwood.

here's the link to get Borderless Cyrodiil:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3578

and here's the link to my house mods:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=14990

(shameless plug. moderators .. edit as necessary)

:)

• 1 month later...

If you would like something made, especially armor and weapons, begging and saying "I need" are not the best ways to inspire others to work on it.

Suggesting a mod and letting others know why you think it would be a great addition to Oblivion will get a much better response. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Shoot me ,slap me I dont care. I've looked and cant find one mod anywhere. I don't even know if anyone has even thought to make it. I'm talking about a mod that adds kids (children) to the game. It is the one thing that has buged me since the bigining. All those peopleand NO CHILDREN. What do they do, eat them in the middle of the night ? Maybe they sacrafice the to Goblins in the sewers.