Built-In Power Armor Weaponry

GPlayah

A fun thought I had in the middle of a "Tony Stark" playthrough.

Weaponry built into the arms of power armor. Lasers, missile/grenade launchers, machine guns and the like. Maybe even giant laser cannons or missile salvos built into the torso armor, if one would wanna go crazy.

I dunno enough about modding to know what would be the easiest/cleanest/most intuitive/not impossible implementation, with or without F4SE, or waiting for the GECK.

My ideal implementation would be craftable mods for arms/torso that add the weapons to the power armor's inventory. Weapons that stick with the power armor itself, like the armor does.

If you could unequip the weapon but have it remain locked to the power armor's inventory, it wouldn't lock you from using other weapons or your fists.

Some weapons could be tied to the grenade equip slot, E.G. the torso armor weapons, though I can only hope that F4 modding is open enough to allow this.

Thoughts?

Due to the handling of weapons (targeting, trigger) in FO-Games, we have no real working dual-wield system til today. Thats because its extremly hard to tell the engine, there ist a weapon besides the mainhand. The easieest way could be to modell the armor with the weapons, but equip them as normal weapons. That way, you can show them on your armor, but have to switch through as normal.

Due to the handling of weapons (targeting, trigger) in FO-Games, we have no real working dual-wield system til today. Thats because its extremly hard to tell the engine, there ist a weapon besides the mainhand. The easieest way could be to modell the armor with the weapons, but equip them as normal weapons. That way, you can show them on your armor, but have to switch through as normal.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. I didn't say anything about dual-wielding.

Wielding multiple weapons at once wasn't a concept I was trying to communicate, unless you're referring to the idea about high-powered torso weaponry being tied to the grenade slot. I know modding straight-up dual-wielding and anything like it into the 3D Fallouts was always an issue.

Edited by GPlayah

As in, use a ranged weapon while also having giant wolverine claws come out of your fists?

Well, sure I guess, even if you could only use one at a time (with the dual-wielding issues described above).

The main thought driving this idea though is that firing a laser from my hand or arm is 5x cooler than firing a laser from a pistol.

I can imagine something like this being done when the creation kit comes out.

I think that there should be an add-on/upgrade for the torso called integrated arms that allows a player to transfer one heavy weapon to the frame. The gun would be mounted on the shoulder. It'll be powered down when not in use but always visible.

• 4 years later...