make Abstract Paintings craftable

sardonumspa

I could really use a mod that lets Abstract Paintings be crafted in the workbench. Not replacing the paintings with abstract paintings, but a plugin that lets all existing painting be crafted. Even better ... all existing paintings, flags and posters.

I looked into how to do this, but I'm still too n00b with FO4Edit, and would rather focus on creating artwork assets :smile:

Edited by sardonumspa

we definitely need more variety in paintings! kittens are cute but they don't suit all characters and there's not much variety to be had with just cats, a dog, ships and lighthouses. even the signs have more variety, just few of them are particularly 'homey'

No doubt, a huge variety of stuff would be great. But I think sardonupsa has the right idea, rather than introducing new content, let's put existing content to use.

What's involved in this? If someone could lay it out for me a bit, I could give it a go.

I am using two mods to get more variety in the paintings and replacers for all around the game world. Well the variety might be limited to sexy women but its an improvement over the cats and one dog selection.

This one will get more variety around the game world. I just wish the mod author would make a version that lets you place these in settlements like the craftable pictures.

Pinups of the Wasteland by sardonumspa

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4467/?

Then there is this one for placeable pictures.

Standalone Atom Bomb Pinup Paintings by Zoran

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4258/?

This one will get more variety around the game world. I just wish the mod author would make a version that lets you place these in settlements like the craftable pictures.

Yeah what a lazy ass! Oh wait, that's me. I'm still a few days away from posting my craftable paintings retexture. There's only 20 craftable paintings in total, so I'm having a tough time choosing the best of the best of the best to use. There are 23 abstract paintings, sitting unused. So if someone could make those craftable ... well that'd really be something.

I've become a huge fan of the Business Settlements mod. I really should ask if he'd be cool with me retexturing ~20 of his posters and billboards, promoting his mod on my page and offering my texture patch as an optional download.

But ... There's still tons of posters, propoganda (sic), billboards, and the abstract paintings that remain uncraftable. So we wait. The oxen is slow, but the Earth is patient.

Yeah what a lazy ass! Oh wait, that's me. I'm still a few days away from posting my craftable paintings retexture. There's only 20 craftable paintings in total, so I'm having a tough time choosing the best of the best of the best to use. There are 23 abstract paintings, sitting unused. So if someone could make those craftable ... well that'd really be something.

I've become a huge fan of the Business Settlements mod. I really should ask if he'd be cool with me retexturing ~20 of his posters and billboards, promoting his mod on my page and offering my texture patch as an optional download.

But ... There's still tons of posters, Propaganda (sic), billboards, and the abstract paintings that remain uncraftable. So we wait. The oxen is slow, but the Earth is patient.

LOL, I wasn't trying to imply your lazy, or an ass for that mater. Just doing my imitation of the impatient kid on Christmas eve waiting on Santa.

Oh, thanks for the link to Business Settlements. I had some how missed that mod and it looks great.

Edited by Khalifrio