Settlers stealing my power armour

datristanthesecond

If settles didn't use the equipment I left around, I would be annoyed.

As for the advice to remove the Fusion Core, it may stop the real complaint, which is using up fusion cores.

Whether settlers actually need a core to use Power Armour or not, is unclear to me, but that's because I've never tested it.

Piper definitely doesn't need any fusion core inserted to use Power Armour and doesn't drain cores if they are inserted.

Whether that's restricted to companions or not is unclear.

Testing is required to confirm this, but I expect only the player drains cores.

Only player drain cores. Companion and settlers has been confirmed doesn't drain power core, but Power Armor parts can easily break (less durability, don't know why it affects them).

As for companion can use Power Armor with or without cores seems differs for each players. In my game, my companion couldn't get into PA without core inserted.

Companions do a lot of crazy crap. I built a house on top of the bridge at Finch Farm, which you can't even get on top of unless you build steps up to it, then I built the house on top of 6 stories of concrete blocks...without steps leading up to them, and I'll be damned if Daniel Finch and a bunch of others weren't up there screwing around on my crafting stuff. Now I'm not sure if they can get back down.

Removing fusion core helps.

Personally I want them to use all the 45s and Bandit PAs I have, so I left cores in armours. When settlement is under attack settlers use PAs to defend.

Unfortunately, when they go sleep they live PAs close to beds or in random location and never use it again.

Settlers use of PAs needs fixing.

Actually, personally I'd like them to STAY in the PA. But nah, they get out to go to sleep. Lazy barstards ;)

And given how common PA frames are (you can find a second one right off the bat by just heading east from Sanctuary), it's not like it's even a problem if a settler jumps in one. I'll just tell them to trade and take the X-01 parts off them, and give them the T-45 parts from the one I got in Concord. Or just leave them in a PA frame without parts. Though the latter is usually reserved for my companions, so they can carry more phat loot for me.

But seriously, by the end of the game, I had (giver or take) a dozen extra PA frames, beyond mine and the one for the current companion. If some settler wants to use one, hell yeah, please do.

Hell, I actually loved it when Ronnie Shaw jumped into my old Atom-Cats T-60 frame during the castle defense. Between her, Danse and Strong (although Strong had no PA), they were laying down the smack in wholesale on those synths.

And Ronnie never sleeps, so she finally stayed in it.

Only player drain cores. Companion and settlers has been confirmed doesn't drain power core, but Power Armor parts can easily break (less durability, don't know why it affects them).

As for companion can use Power Armor with or without cores seems differs for each players. In my game, my companion couldn't get into PA without core inserted.

It affects them that way because there is a game setting that says companion power armour should get damaged 3 times faster. There's a mod that can set that to 1. Or you can set it to 0 if you want to never have to wonder if their armour is repaired or about to break, and if you're not afraid of the big bad FO4Edit.

It affects them that way because there is a game setting that says companion power armour should get damaged 3 times faster.

This got me raising my eyebrows, questioning the developer. One of the weird game design decision beside the weapon damage differences in Survival mode.