Settlers stealing my power armour

datristanthesecond

Its also weird that suddenly any idiot can use power armour in FO4 where as in every other FO game you have to have had training in how to operate it.

More dumbing down in order to appeal to the broadest audience...

Well, it kinda makes sense anyway for the male character. If you've watched the intro film, you clearly see the male character being the power armour guy in his squad. So you've already had better PA training than Maxson had.

Are you sure about that? I was just posting about the lack of power armor training in another thread, and my argument was that he may have had training since he's a military veteran. The guy seen in the intro video sitting with his helmet off while someone grinds on the back of his armor didn't look anything like the guy at the character creation screen.

Not that one. It's when the guy looking at the picture of Nora turns out to be a guy in power armour stomping along a road, with a couple of regular infantry guys walking along. IIRC, with helmet on, but it's that photo and being in his narrative, that gives IMHO a strong indication that that's him.

Not only settlers can steal... enemies can do this too. I was defending Sanctuary once from a three sided attack when a raider got into my house and stole a mini gun I had stored in one locker and the ammo for it I had in another locker. She then used it against me! I was both pissed and impressed. Is there any way to "lock up" your stuff? Is the safe even safe??

Yes, you can lock any container with the console.

Also, if a safe is controled by a terminal, you can just use the terminal in game to lock the terminal back up. At least one house in Sanctuary Hills already has that, so, you know, just don't scrap those.

ALSO, there is a root cellar behind a house in Sanctuary Hills. Far as I can tell, neither settlers nor raiders go in there.

Not that one. It's when the guy looking at the picture of Nora turns out to be a guy in power armour stomping along a road, with a couple of regular infantry guys walking along. IIRC, with helmet on, but it's that photo and being in his narrative, that gives IMHO a strong indication that that's him.

Go watch it again. It's very clear the guy with Nora's photo is the one in focus and right in the center, with combat armour.

Go watch it again. It's very clear the guy with Nora's photo is the one in focus and right in the center, with combat armour.

Does it matter if he's in the Power Armor or not? He's clearly got extensive military training as he's obviously in a leadership position. The Power Armor is also not a separate thing from the infantry (like a tank would be) and is an addition to this platoon much like a crew served weapon. If that is the case, he's had much more than just familiarization training with it, and is more than qualified to operate Power Armor. As a leader, he's not just qualified to operate, he's qualified to teach people to be qualified on it.

It is extremely likely that the Male SS is the best trained Power Armor user in the entire commonwealth.