TCBRUNCH

Star Wars Kotor converison  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want an awesome KOTOR campaign based on the fallout 4 game?

2. 2. What main ship should be used?

• The Ebon Hawk
    • A tweaked version of the Ebon Hawk
    • Something Original

FALLOUT 4 STAR WARS KOTOR CONVERSION PROJECT

Greeting all,

I am TCBRUNCH and in my opinion fallout 4 would be a great base to build a bloody good KOTOR campaign as it uses very similar yet very different mechanics when it comes to user interaction with both the environment and the scenery around the player.

Now why make this post? Is what your probably asking.

So I'll get straight to the point:

• I want to know how motivated the community is for such a titanic project to be created.
  • Who would be able to help me out. (Contact me)
  • What do you the future player of this mod want to see in the game that the OBSIDIAN overlords from 10 years ago didn't allow in the game or just simply didn't think of. (Link)
  • Critiques on anything that can/can't be done & how badly I am doing my job :ermm:
  • A Bloody Good name for this game. (Link)

Plot

From what I have already drawn up story line wise is that this campaign will be set with in 150 years after the end of KOTOR II and will diverge from the star wars chronology of the current universe (For the Star Wars purists this is where you might want to leave or jump off of a cliff). The main character in question will start out on the highrise tree lands of Kashyyyk and proceed to Rhen Var, a snowy planet where he/she will find an old artifact that will link him/her with the force... From this point onward he/she will have to take down the forces corrupting the republic while combating both autonomous Sith factions and bounty hunter sects.

From this point onward anything could (most likely will) be changed

Planets/moons that will be featured:

Kashyyyk (Wookie homeworld)

Rhen Var (Ice Ice Baby)

Korriban (Sith home world)

Bespin (Gas giant)

Nar Shaddaa (Smugglers dream world, similar to Coruscant)

Concordia (Mandalorian moon)

M4-78 (Droid Planet)

Mygeeto (Secret Jedi enclave)

Alderaan (Republic strong hold)

Manaan (water world)

Game mechanics:

Each planet/moon will work on a compartmentalized basis except for the main area of a few of them (Meaning the sublevels of the droid planet would be accessed the same way youd enter the basement of a house in fallout)

The weapons system already in place within fallout 4 is already very promising as anything from blasters to light sabers can be created.

Characters interaction will work the same way it does in fallout 4.

Armor and clothing as a whole is already varied and this could be brought over to suit the star wars requirements.

Companionship will play a role in the game just as it did in KOTOR and in Fallout 4 with the exception of not being able to switch between characters.

Plot-centric Characters:

HK-47

t-3 model

A Zabrak (Maul looking MotherF)

A Wookie

An Ithorian

A humanoid

A mandelorian

Plot Based Sects

The Republic (good guys, but really not)

The DeJuel Sith (A small Sith faction that prides itself in being reckless)

The Droma Sith (A small Sith faction made up of ex jedi and sith alike)

The Dark Empire. (A military operation that is headed by an Imperialistic sith lord)

The New Jedi (New jedi order that has been set up in the crystallized ice world of Mygeeto)

The Kessel cartel (Bounty hunters)

The Gear Head cartel (Robot bounty hunters)

Wookie government (Self explanatory)

Bespin governemt (Self explanatory)

M4-78 Government (Roboticly Self explanatory)

Manaan government (self explanatory)

Things I don't have a clue about:

(This list will get longer as I hit walls)

How To implement the use of the Force.

How to add a skybox to each individual environment when necessary.

==========================================================================================

I understand that this would be a huge project and would require hours upon hours of work. I also am aware that I do not have all the required knowledge to create such a thing so I urge anyone who thinks they can help me to contact me. This will be a mod created by the people, for the people so don't be scared. If you feel like giving me input then please either put it in the comment box or PM me. I am also going to create sister threads for point of input in to the development of this game.

Edited by TCBRUNCH

I realize this is more or less a feeler post, but coming from someone who has worked in a team environment in the past, you TCBRUNCH, need to at the very least, list the following.

• Your qualifications to lead such a project.
  • Previous mod experience with links to your mods.
  • Skills you possess for the creation of such a project.

Everyone has an "idea" for a mod, whether that be a simple retexture, or a full blown TC, but no one wants to make someone elses mod or TC and do all the work. Showing you have the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform some of the modding yourself, not only displays credibility, but also opens doorways for others. Once people realize you are not just another "idea" guy, you have a stronger chance of enticing others who can supplement and fill needed roles for the project.

Good luck and take care,

Edited by diamok

I realize this is more or less a feeler post, but coming from someone who has worked in a team environment in the past, you TCBRUNCH, need to at the very least, list the following.

• Your qualifications to lead such a project.
  • Previous mod experience with links to your mods.
  • Skills you possess for the creation of such a project.

Everyone has an "idea" for a mod, whether that be a simple retexture, or a full blown TC, but no one wants to make someone elses mod or TC and do all the work. Showing you have the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform some of the modding yourself, not only displays credibility, but also opens doorways for others. Once people realize you are not just another "idea" guy, you have a stronger chance of enticing others who can supplement and fill needed roles for the project.

Good luck and take care,

I understand your concern on my previous experience with modding.

I have never done a fallout 4 mod, but I have made quite a few things for the arma series.

Some of my work is as flowing:

(I helped out a bit with this one) British Aircraft mod Link

My very own HH-60G pave hawk Link

I do have to admit if it doesn't look like much you wouldn't be wrong to think so. I come more from a skinning background then a 3d modeling background or even a coding background.

But I have drive to get this mod down. I am aware I don't have all the skills to make this happen and I'll try my best to give you the readers and hopefully the future players of this mod something to go by.

For now, stay frosty

Well, historically speaking, I don't think any mod has ever been made that is even 1/4th the size of this. It is debatable whether Fallout 4 has a bigger modding community than Skyrim, but it is definitely not a big enough jump to be able to tackle a project of this size.

My friendly advice is to make something smaller that is actually possible to finish, because I would like to play your mod.

sure, why not?
if you think you're up for the task, then do so.

i know i would like a SW'ish mod in F4, a conversion into a SW game even better, don't think there are any good open world SW games out there.

well, don't know about KOTOR, did try it, but didn't like the combat there.

• 1 month later...

Dude, ive never made like, a big mod like that, but building the world atleast sounds doable and even if the project only got halfway finished, populized with enemies but without quests or something, it would be pretty awesome. I have some 3ds max skills and I can build large areas like bespin/manaan/nar shaddaa... not the best 2d person, but you said you were good at that, and I can make basic 3d models like buildings and such. Maybe if i get some time on my hands I can make a mock up in unity of nar shaddaa and give you the uv maps and you can start skinning start early :/? Maybe by the time the creation kit is reIeased we can already have all of the models and have nar shadda built in a snap xD. I do have a pretty busy life so no gauruntees but I was also thinking about making a star wars mod. Im only really good at building worlds though, not making quests or weapons and such. Heres a mod I made but never finished for skyrim: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=15828 as well as another one which I never released: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2052859-skyrim-warlords-of-draenor/. Ide be happy to help build the world once the creation kit is released also. Get ahold of me if your interested- peace.

How many people have actually signed on to work on this mod and if there's a lot, how much has actually been done?

(Please discount the second half of this question if you're all waiting on the G.E.C.K - that half of the question becomes ASININE if you're waiting for G.E.C.K)

Would love this, as long as you limit the size of each area this actually sounds plausible.

If you tried to create a massive world space for each planet... this project would die, better to keep to the scope of the original games, small contained maps/cells.

This way you could structure the mod to release in episodes, i.e. one world per release.

Hell I would like to help, but I work too much. If that changes I would be happy to help whoever picks this up, with ck stuff or whatever :laugh:

Edited by Userper