My game keeps spawning NPCs in the air and killing them by the fall...

truek

Okay... this is getting far too annoying, everyone knows that NPCs are spawned as you move closer to where they are supposed to be, but for some reason, my game likes to spawn them above the ground... way too high off the ground. Whenever this happens, the NPC either gets badly injured, or killed thanks to Fall Damage.

Heavens above I cant even comprehend why would this happen? How to avoid it from happening, nor how to reproduce the event effectively since the height of the spawning seems to vary a lot. But I know it is because of Falling Damage.

You know when your character jumps, when it lands on its feet it produces a sound? Well, whenever I move around to cells which have a number of NPCs in it, I hear that sound, every time. I know that when I hear it, it means NPCs have spawned, and have fallen to the ground, I've seen it happen, and I do not know how to stop it, help please?

Relevant mods being used here that affect NPCs and possibly their spawning behaviors are:

-Interesting NPCs

-Inconsequential NPCs

-Extended encounters

-Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul

-People are strangers

-Real names

-Immersive patrols

Wait, so you know about this Issue then? And yes... my Vsync is off so I could have the small performance boost. Never mind, I never touched the setting at all.

Could you explain more about this? What does Vsync has to do with this?

EDIT: I actually have no idea if Vsync would even be useful, so I turned it off as a... default reaction.

Edited by truek

I am no expert but from what I read if your FPS is greater than 60, which is the usual refresh rate of your monitor, your computer will try to load the next frame for an actor / object before the previous one finished loading. Then funny game physics kicks in and you see actors and objects flying. This is especially so during cell transitions where FPS spikes take place. Vsync actually limits FPS to 60 so should fix your problem.

This is not so much a problem on weaker computers (like mine) which hardly give me anything above 30 FPS outdoors. I have Vsync off but I still sometimes experience flying objects when I enter some interiors cells (Bee & Barb, Honeyside to name 2)

Hope this helps

first of in skyrimpref.ini edit this line

iPresentInterval=0

This will remove the games awful Vsync

next in enblocal.ini edit these line to read if you don't have this get it it help even in vanilla i suggest just using the enboost part avoid enbs

[engine]

EnableVSync=false

VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

this Vsync is terrible games vsync is better IMO

next download Nvidia Inspector (if you don't have a nvidia card cannot help, if you have radeon card make sure to put the line edited in skyrim.pref.ini back to =1 and ignore rest of post )

click wrench/screwdriver icon... under profiles find elder scrolls v skyrim

under snyc and refresh

frame rate limiter (select 58)

Vsnc smooth afr (on)

Vsync tear control (adaptive)

vsync (force on)

hit apply changes twice and exit program

I cut and pasted this from another post i made i did not want to type it all out again :P

Edited by Adarcer

My previous post will contradict with this one, sorry for that.

"iPresentInterval=#" was NOT placed in my skyrim.ini file, which means my Vsync was enabled by default (right?) So... even after I made sure to place the setting in and enabling it which would most certainly not modify anything at all ( iPresentInterval=1 ) I still get people spawning above the ground + the "Landing Foot sound" when they do fall.

The problem persists, NPCs keep disapearing, or I actually find them randomly dead in places where they would normally be or traverse, some 'Disapeared' NPCs have been already confirmed as Dead thanks to receiving their "Inheritance Letters" from the courier event.

I had OBIS installed, and removed it to see if the Bandit spawns were actually the guilty of the deaths, but nope, problem persisted, its the god damn fall damage, hostile NPCs have nothing to do with this, confirmed.

EDIT: Oh and about Items supposedly bouncing or being catapulted out of their place, the problem is almost nonexistant, of course, some times these items will be out of their place, like food and plates lying bellow tables and such, but the problem is very minor, I wont consider it as a part of the "NPC spawn" problem until proven of the contrary.

Edited by truek

I take it Im either one of the only people who has a problem with 'NPCs spawning mid-air and dying' here.

-or-

It happens to people and they just dont plain notice it happening / do not care.

Uthgerd the Unbroken already died, as well as several Khajit caravan members, and Im not even lv 15 lol, I got rid of the playthrough. Looking to start a new one. Oh well.

Okay... this is getting far too annoying, everyone knows that NPCs are spawned as you move closer to where they are supposed to be, but for some reason, my game likes to spawn them above the ground... way too high off the ground. Whenever this happens, the NPC either gets badly injured, or killed thanks to Fall Damage.

Heavens above I cant even comprehend why would this happen? How to avoid it from happening, nor how to reproduce the event effectively since the height of the spawning seems to vary a lot. But I know it is because of Falling Damage.

You know when your character jumps, when it lands on its feet it produces a sound? Well, whenever I move around to cells which have a number of NPCs in it, I hear that sound, every time. I know that when I hear it, it means NPCs have spawned, and have fallen to the ground, I've seen it happen, and I do not know how to stop it, help please?

Relevant mods being used here that affect NPCs and possibly their spawning behaviors are:

-Interesting NPCs

-Inconsequential NPCs

-Extended encounters

-Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul

-People are strangers

-Real names

-Immersive patrols

I don't have this problem but some times if i get on my horse. The horse and player go up in the sky about the hight of the throut of the world :ermm: then fall but don't die