[TuT]Modding Fallout 4 with High Speed Videos

Mofakin

Good day everyone,

from now on this thread will serve as access to modding tutorials I stream on Twitch. I just recently found out about Twitch, and after a testing phase, I'm now going full retard, to enforce my godlike knowledge on everyone that needs it, and everyone that doesn't. I'm planing at least one video per week, to introduce and attractnewbies into modding. If you like you could also join my community to watch me playing the game. You will get a heavily modded game, with strong inclination on a "realistic" hardcore survival setting. Not VATS, no fast travel and no 3rd person. The tutorial videos are high speed, to forward the information faster, and probably also because it's fun to watch high speed videos... :smile:

Modding Fallout 4 - HighSpeed - Session 1 - Using Xedit to make plugins, or modifie content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZsO4o7Yg-Q&feature=youtu.be

Modding Fallout 4 - High Speed - Session 2 - Editing Textures with Gimp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBYdQroXJNo&feature=youtu.be

Modding Fallout 4 - HighSpeed - Session 3 - Editing Textures with Gimp, advanced

Modding Fallout 4 - HighSpeed - Session 3 - Editing Textures with Gimp, advanced 2

Scroll further down for more videos!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Posts are limited for quantity of videos. So here's a new video dealing with models and effectively demistifying any "new parts for the workshop" modder. Enjoy!

Modding Fallout 4 - HighSpeed - Session 5 - Modding custom Models

Posts are limited for quantity of videos. So here's a new video dealing with models and effectively demistifying any "new parts for the workshop" modder. Enjoy!

Modding Fallout 4 - HighSpeed - Session 5 - Modding custom Models

Maan! It seems you havn't downloaded my mod before explaining. :wink: I did those doorways with other method :wink: Thats not just texture editing!!!

Few thoughts.

1. You can paste TriShapes (and not only them) directly to desired NiNode, just selecting it and pasting. It automatically adds it to children list. :wink:

2. Often it's faster and better to copy all NiNode, like in your example. You were copying "WoodFire_doused" shapes one by one.

But you could just copy NiNode containing all of them, as a bonus, you also would get proper collision for them.

Bethesda often uses NiNodes as containers for grouped objects, for easier moving.

3. About placing lower than NiNode and all that "ground" thing. You are wrong. That point doesn't define ground level :wink:

You are moved all your shapes up, BUT base collision stayed in the original place. In the end you got object with wrong collision.

4. When you scale an object, it doesn't move anywhere ;) Its good to scale first, then place in desired position.

Note, about scaling, if you scale a NiNide with a CollisionObject in it, currently collision doesn't scale.

Edited by ad3d0