Companions Back to Their Original Homes / Home Plate

HeleYeah

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could create a mod that would allow me to send/place the companions back to their original homes/cities, for example Piper and Nick Valentine in Diamond City, instead of having to choose a settlement. I don't want my companions to be in my settlement, I just want the companion that is currently following me to be around me. Alternatively, a mod that allows you to send companions to your house in Diamond City (Home Plate) would be great too.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

I second this. It would make so much sense for Piper to go back to work if not following you to her office at Diamond City. Newspaper doesn't print itself. Same with Nick and others. Curie and Cait can free roam around settlement. Cait especially will get very pissed off if she goes back to her Battle Arena.

But just to note, Piper did go back to her office quite a few times, especially right before going to memory den. I went to Nick to report back on Kellog's situation, I found Piper pressuring Nick in his office (probably) about digging info on the Sole Survivor's information while Nick was trying to fend her off, protecting his ethics away from giving out clients' confidential info.

Edited by tomomi1922

From my understanding, when the menu to send them to a settlement pops up, hit cancel and they will go back to their point of origin.

That's how it works if you've never assigned them to a settlement. I have no idea if it still works that way if you did before. I would like the option to send say 2 or 3 to Home plate tho. Maybe more if there was some simple way to build on your roof. Or possibly a mod that adds a basement floor?? Something tells me this'll happen.

Edited by Grumpyhouse

From my understanding, when the menu to send them to a settlement pops up, hit cancel and they will go back to their point of origin.

That's how it works if you've never assigned them to a settlement. I have no idea if it still works that way if you did before. I would like the option to send say 2 or 3 to Home plate tho. Maybe more if there was some simple way to build on your roof. Or possibly a mod that adds a basement floor?? Something tells me this'll happen.

Everyone keeps posting the same "solution" over and over and people keep repeating over and over that it does not work if you already sent them to a settlement before.

If I knew at the beginning of the game that pressing B in the menu, closing it without assigning them to a settlement, would make them go to their original homes, I would have done it. I thought I was forced to choose, and thinking that later I could just tell them to go to another location like Diamond City or whatever else, I did.

This is a must, as is a mod to add a basement you can build in. And IF possible, make the roof buildable, that is a Waste of space.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...