'The Horn of Jurgan Windcaller' Quest Bug - Can't speak to Arngei

HellFire4

First of all i will state that i am using mods, but none that should affect this quest.

I fast traveled to High Hrothgar and entered through the front entrance and basically couldn't speak to Arngier to return the Horn, I had completed the Delphine quest which required me to kill the dragon at Kynesgrove it was after this i attempted to return the horn.

I read that somehow meeting the redguards in whiterun may affect this quest, yes i had met and the quest had commenced but i didn't do any of the quest just disabled it in the Quest Journal. I can talk, or at least press 'E' to the other Grey Beards the 'E' doesn't show for Arngeir, i can pickpocket but not speak, the crosshairs just disappear when attempting to talk. I tried shouting at him etc. to no prevail.

Major mods i am using include Open Cities, Interesting NPC's, Immersive Armour etc.

Notice the previous Quest 'The way of the Voice' functioned perfectly this is the first instance of such a bug or glitch.

I have all DLC. SKSE 1.7.3 and i added the SKSE.ini file to increase the memory file size 'things' - if that makes a difference, I also have the unofficial patches for each respective DLC and Vanilla game. With a total of 62 active mods and 87 active plugins. Furthermore the mod load order should be perfect, I use LOOT and no problems loading games no CTDs or anything after the Skyrim Logo.

What is the problem here, how may i fix it, through console?? or is this (unlikely) related to mods? Please help as i'd rather not start a new game? This is my second game and i'd rather not start another.

EXTRA: Wulfgar who i'm aware is also intrinsic to this quest is having the same bug as Arngeir. This entire quest is messed up for me. Any console commands to complete it and still get the rest of the Unrelenting Force Shout.

EXTRA 2: i did "SetStage MQ105Ustengrav 60" in the console to complete the quest but didn't get the shout etc. just gonna console command in the shout will these actions have any consequences? They should have really fixed this bug ages ago, or at least inform players to return the horn before going on the Delphine Quest.

Edited by HellFire4

I have the same problem. I can pickpocket him, but I can't talk to Arngeir. I've tried Shouting at him, using the disable/enable/recycleactor commands, hitting him, reloading old saves that I thought weren't corrupted, removing my hood even though I don't have the Sneak Tools mod, etc...

Only thing that has worked for me is to kill Arngeir while he's asleep.

I think there's a perk -if you have the mod Perkus Maximus- that allows you to kill NPCs while they're sleeping by pressing E, and choosing to kill them.

So I kill Arngeir, and use the resurrect command while standing near him, and mash E as soon as I quit the console.

Usually, he goes on to finish the quest by summoning the other greybeards and they do their little ritual by Shouting at me.

That said, I cannot talk to him after that, so he can't tell me where the Words of Power are located, etc...

Maybe if I finish this Redguard quest+Delphine's quest at the Thalmor embassy? I'll edit it if I find something that works, or if there's a quest to finish in order to be able to talk to Arngeir again.

Annoying that there are still bugs these days on Skyrim.

EDIT:

Eureka! So, finishing the quest 'In my time of need', with Saadia, whether you kill Kematu or capture Saadia is enough to debug Arngeir, for some weird reason.

Edited by hachichiyyin