Creating Custom Notes to give to NPCs as ID.

Shorya

I can't do this myself but it follows along the same lines as one of the best Journal mods in Skyrim (which this game also needs). Something that, instead of letting us rename setllers, lets us create from thin air, customizable and editable notes. Pieces of paper that can be written on, given to an NPC as ID, so we know what their name is, what their job is, even if we have to go through the trouble of looking into their inventory. And maaaybe, being able to pull it out their inventory, change it according to a new job, and put it back. This may be completely undoable without a CK, but if it is possible...

PLEASE! PRETTY PLEASE!

Thanks!

If I could do this myself, I would, but. sadly, no. So...HELP! Thanks!

I can't do this myself but it follows along the same lines as one of the best Journal mods in Skyrim (which this game also needs).

Disregarding the settlers bit, the idea of a journal is fabulous. Perhaps (pretty please?) someone can mod the Pip-Boy to have a 'word processor' in there, for you to record your journals. If you want to go full on (and make lots of work), mod a little fold-out keyboard into the Pip-Boy, a little like how the Holotape part opens up.

EDIT: Or, don't bother with the keyboard. Roleplay it like the journal is spoken and stored on holotapes... even though, for game mechanics reasons, it's typed.

Edited by Athanasa

@BaronOfHell I'm going to go looking for that mod, but if you ever think of what it was, please let us know!

@Athanasa Ohhhhh. Totally forgot about the Pip-Boy. And here I'm stuck thinking book/paper when we're smack in the middle of the information age. I have to say though, I'd be more annoyed by having to listen to a whole holotape entry just to find out where I left that safe 20 quests ago. Typed information still seems more efficient that way. Honestly though, if they made that journal typing mod work with the Pip-Boy app and made it use our phone's built in key-board...that would be THOROUGHLY awesome, but also seriously hard.