Fallout not launching after mod installation

LyingPirate

So I installed NMM on my PC(running win7) today, and downloaded a few basic mods for Fallout 4

• Lowered Weapons
  • Armorsmith Extended
  • Armor Keywords Community Resource
  • Proto Vault Suit
  • Craftable Ammo
  • True Storms
  • Easy to See Glowing Mags
  • Improved Map
  • Full Dialogue Interface
  • No dotdotdot

After I installed all of these, I tried to launch Fallout 4 from NMM, it brought up the launch window (The one with the 'Play' button), I hit 'Play' and then nothing happened. The window went away as though the game was going to launch, but after a few seconds, it popped back up. Then I tried launching it from Steam, same result. I verified the game cache, same result.

Anybody know what's going on? Am I missing something in the installation process? This is the first time I've used NMM in years. If you need me to provide any additional info, let me know so this can get solved ASAP.

Thanks in advance!

-J

EDIT 1: Disabling all mods in NMM has given no change. Will validate cache again, see if that does anything

Edited by LyingPirate

Have you edited your Fallout .ini files? From the Fallout Wiki:

How to enable modding

1. Navigate to your Fallout 4 Folder at the following location "Documents/My Games/Fallout 4"
  2. Within this folder will be a number of .ini files, highlight "Fallout4Prefs.ini" and "Fallout4.ini".
  3. Right Click, select Properties and ensure that these are NOT marked as read only.
  4. Open Fallout4Prefs.ini with your favourite text editor (we use Notepad++).
  5. Navigate to the very bottom and you will see the line [Launcher]. Directly underneath this, add the following line: bEnableFileSelection=1
  6. Save and Close
  7. Open Fallout4Custom.ini with your favourite text editor. * Note that this file was changed from Fallout4.ini following update 1.2
  8. Add the following lines to your Fallout4Custom.ini [Archive] bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 sResourceDataDirsFinal=
  9. Save and close.

Link to Wiki:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Fallout_4_Mod_Installation

Rabbit

Edited by Rabbit 51

Have you edited your Fallout .ini files? From the Fallout Wiki:

How to enable modding

1. Navigate to your Fallout 4 Folder at the following location "Documents/My Games/Fallout 4"
  2. Within this folder will be a number of .ini files, highlight "Fallout4Prefs.ini" and "Fallout4.ini".
  3. Right Click, select Properties and ensure that these are NOT marked as read only.
  4. Open Fallout4Prefs.ini with your favourite text editor (we use Notepad++).
  5. Navigate to the very bottom and you will see the line [Launcher]. Directly underneath this, add the following line: bEnableFileSelection=1
  6. Save and Close
  7. Open Fallout4Custom.ini with your favourite text editor. * Note that this file was changed from Fallout4.ini following update 1.2
  8. Add the following lines to your Fallout4Custom.ini [Archive] bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 sResourceDataDirsFinal=
  9. Save and close.

Link to Wiki:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Fallout_4_Mod_Installation

Rabbit

That hasn't solved the problem. The game still can't launch. Have any other ideas? I'm sure you just saved me trouble for another time, so a huge thanks for that!