• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

eni819

eni819

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

It looks like we have some potential fixes in the works that might get rid of this problem entirely. As I've stated before, some modder's have already made mods that avoid this problem entirely, but two new possibilities have come up:

https://www.reddit.c...menu_limit_bug/

http://www.nexusmods...ut4/mods/7259/?

If you're a mod author I suggest keeping an eye out on what these guys figure out. For the rest of us, let's keep our fingers crossed.

Kastergir

Kastergir

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

It looks like we have some potential fixes in the works that might get rid of this problem entirely. As I've stated before, some modder's have already made mods that avoid this problem entirely, but two new possibilities have come up:

https://www.reddit.c...menu_limit_bug/

http://www.nexusmods...ut4/mods/7259/?

If you're a mod author I suggest keeping an eye out on what these guys figure out. For the rest of us, let's keep our fingers crossed.

I am falling to my knees kissing those 2 guys' feet...

Serious THANKS to Stuyk and ddproductions83 - for the wonderfull MODs you both have gave us, as well as your ongoing efforts to make everything even better .

*keeping fingers crossed*

Edited by Kastergir, 30 December 2015 - 01:49 PM.

mcface

mcface

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Yup :) I'm signing OCDecorator up for the Settlement Keyword project. It will take me awhile to convert but someone did the legwork and I might as well take advantage of it.

I'm not too sure how DDproductions cool custom menu circumvents the problem though. Crafting stations are technically separate menus and they are still impacted by this problem. 

eni819

eni819

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

So just an update for people following this.

The Settlement Keywords project is gaining momentum and is significantly clearing up menu space for other mods. So far there's a total of 4 mods supported, with the potential for... just about all of them. The mod authors involved are doing great work and I'm thrilled to see the progress.

Currently, however, the way the SK works causes a number of conflicts with other crafting mods (mainly just the settlement mods). Stuyk (the author of the SK) has offered services to port mods over to make them compliant to the system. In most cases this is not too hard of a process and once done will make future updates by the original mod authors quite easy. Currently there are only 14 new menus (keywords) that have been added, and the major mods are causing some significant bloat in the amount of objects in certain menus. This is an issue that's being discussed and finding a nice happy medium between too few and too many menus is a high priority. 

To see the mods currently supported I recommend going to the SK page directly: http://www.nexusmods...ut4/mods/7259/?

I also have setup a straw poll to help figure out where the menu balance should be. This will help the mod authors a great deal in making the mods the way you want them to be. If you could take the time to go and throw in your input it would be greatly appreciated!

http://strawpoll.me/6457958

alliyah

alliyah

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi

I'm new to modding, how do I do a load order? My stairs and floors are also missing. 

alliyah

alliyah

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

@journeyman where did you get ALTSET-OCD-CompatabilityPatch.esp  ? I can't find it anywhere. 

fadingsignal

fadingsignal

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 8,471 posts

Late to the workshop mods, been spending time mostly maintaining my releases and playing the game.

Anyway, all I have is OCDecorator, and my own small plug-in where I added about 50 static objects, with three new category keywords.  Total keywords including vanilla is 101, but my "food an drink" stores are disappearing randomly while I was making stuff just now.  Is it a keyword limit (the 200 mentioned), or an object total limit?  Those running Homemaker AND OCDecorator would be using FAR more objects than I have, so I'm confused.

Demonikone

Demonikone

-Underestimated-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,241 posts

Here is my working load order with a slightly different array of crafting mods but yeah, i notice that i might be at or close to some means of limit as i tried add a few more and it kinda said F you but no!! lol

Spoiler

Though I think with a little shuffling I could probibly get around that, some of this isnt perfect but it COULD help some one i guess ^_^

Edited by Demonikone, 16 January 2016 - 08:33 AM.

kingculex

kingculex

Fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

@alliyah

The ALTSET-OCD-CompatabilityPatch.esp patch is outdated and for older versions of ALternate Settlements and OCD. OCD had it for awhile on their download page.

@Everyone

Settlement Keywords does work and for now several of the mods require compatibilty patches until they are ported to Settlement Keywords. The compatibilty patches are often provided by the mod author. This my load order and everything works because I use my own custom compatibilty patch.

Spoiler

alanbard

alanbard

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

I just got slammed with this... I was doing pretty well and then I got the missions involving the custom items added to the front of the menu... the artillary gun and the four items for the teleporting arch to the institude.
And it seems to have overwritten some items because even going back and turning things off when I get to the power menu I CTD..; which is bad because I need a generator for more power to run the teleporting stuff. 
---
but as someone said it's probably a 256 bit boundary... 
back in the early days I blew up Pagemaker when I installed more than 512 fonts... and actually way back then Apple had to rebuild their font system because they had only allowed for 256 ... why would there ever be more.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.031 seconds