My Textures wont work in NIF

ThatBroseph

Hey guys I've spent 4 hours trying to figure out why my NifSkope wont show my texture for a minigun. I have retextured before but it looks sort of lame, so I decided to retry with a common Color. I attached the common layer below. I use GIMP 2.8 and my .DDS Save settings are BC1/DXT1 - Generate Mipmaps I know they aren't Optimal but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I believe to simply recreate this problem, all I have to do is Import the DDS then export the same DDS. The thing is, I didnt have any problems with the save settings before.

Picture:

http://i.imgur.com/nli40JQ.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Edited by ThatBroseph

It's a _d map? Should be saved as 'DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp - interpolated alpha - generate MIP maps', hope this helps =]

what about _s and _n maps? should I save them with the same settings? I'm trying to apply the textures to the load screen perk pin models on 3ds max.

Edited by ngalarza

what about _s and _n maps? should I save them with the same settings? I'm trying to apply the textures to the load screen perk pin models on 3ds max.

I've saved my _s and _n maps using the Intel Texture Works Plugin as 'Normal Map - BC5 8bpp - generate MIP maps'

(pre-compress options all unchecked). You might have to invert the blue channel though, for some reason some editing

programs (such as PS) load them in wrong.

Edited by Guest