A man shoots a woman he could of clubbed.

Deleted54170User

If you are playing the role as a male would you have liked to have your ingame wife as your companion in the hunt for Shawn?

If you are playing the game as a female would you have liked to have your ingame husband as your companion in the hunt for Shawn?

Or do you think her/his death added a stronger urge to motivate you?

SPOILERS

There was no call for her/him to be killed and would have been far more dynamic to have both of them kidnapped. You then could have found her/him and Shaun being old or her/him as a Synth making the choosing of factions much harder. She/he also could have filled the role of Patriot in the Railroad questline.

Well, I suppose the spouse or the baby work ok as motivations. For those who are into that kind of thing, I guess. I'm not judging. But you know what would have REALLY motivated me? If those barstards took my cat, now then I'd have murderized every last one of them myself ;)

(Also, as usual, I might be more full of crap than Deacon;))

The Spoilers were in my post in case anyone hadn't done the RR quests. To answer your question, yes I would have liked to have the spouse as a companion. However fleshing out that relationship over the course of the entire game would require more in depth writing, and quite frankly Bethesda either is incapable or unwilling to undertake that task.