A man shoots a woman he could of clubbed.

Deleted54170User

If you've read the following then you can see my way of thinking.

The paints dry. The game is now having the roughness shaved off by modders attempting to buff it out, giving it a smoother surface to play on and adding story lines to intrigue minds who still read books. The sloppy novice painters paintings skill prove, once again, that the talented guild artists are being forced out of work because their mastery, experience, is too expensive for Bethesda to afford.

If you've read the following then you can see my new revised way of thinking and it may not be as harsh..

I have been able to revise my way of thinking only by reversing viows and siting some reviews of the people who became parents.

The company called Bethesda is now like a bunch of parents who have children and they made coloring books with electronic toys for them children to play with. Now Fallout 4 is the result and is nothing even in comparison to the adult views the parents may have shared with the fallout series, MORROWIND, OBLIVION And SKYRIM.

The developers apparently are like children whose parent put their coloring pages upon the refrigerator door and thank any one who will donate to support their children for such a splendid job of painting.

I'm really sorry but I had a lot of trouble following that.

In regards to some commentators talking about the 'tone' of the fallout series, I think a lot of it was in what might be called the 'monty python school' of humour. That is to say within the interaction of the prosperously literal and the plain ridiculous. So having something awful portrayed in all its gory detail (a man nailed to a cross) while something daft happens next to him (everyone sings @look on the brighter side of life"). My feeling is that this 'style' of humour has rather gone out of vogue for the younger millenials who are often rather prone to taking offence. Hence its removal or watering down from fallout 3 and especially 4.

I found Monty Python Humor enjoyable when I was drunk, a lot of things I found funny when I was drinking aren't when I am sober. Since I have that car now, I'm sober, because I would rather drive it then sit around drinking alone with a bottle named Jack. So I guess my days at seeing the humor in games is over. I'm not suffering from dry drunkeness or I would probably see that humor in the game you think might be of the style Monty Python Style or Marijuana puffers style, or Oxycontin users style. Hmm? Nope! Nothing funny about any of it when I'm just drinking water made with a condensing machine, before I go out and get into my 2006 Cadillac XLR to go for a drive, smiling and laughing all the way.

If you are playing the role as a male would you have liked to have your ingame wife as your companion in the hunt for Shawn?

If you are playing the game as a female would you have liked to have your ingame husband as your companion in the hunt for Shawn?

Or do you think her/his death added a stronger urge to motivate you?

Stronger urge. However, the Shaun angle has been so weak and doesn't intrude like a real search would, it's really not an urge, it is more like "oh yeah, I forgot chips at the store and the game is tonight".

As either a female or a male, I don't care to have a spouse (rejects the pc term partner here) along with me, but I can see a whole different angle in that respect.

I personally can't wait for a fully fleshed out Spouse companion mod. Since we are stuck with the pre-defined character we are, anything that would help to develop it, from flashbacks in the Memory Den, a redone, more in depth opening, companions and such, I'll be putting those in.

This is a relationship that NEEDS to be developed more, and with a companion mod it needs a re-affirming romance quest as well.

I agree, some time with the life in the home is needed to give the game that home feeling, and I agree that the game doesn't put enough emphasis on the kidnapped child to encourage us to press harder to get back what we would lose for good if we didn't succeed.

Some games I've played; the lead motivation was more like having trophy fever for being the best shot, the best of the best for the year in Sports, having gotten gold fever, or seeking the greatest archaeological find that would add another wonder to the world's most popular.

Thinking the noise from the distant fireworks was the sound of a mouse gnawing on the walls base board to get into my room just now was more exciting. :laugh:

Happy New Year!

Ah right, Moraelin, and so much for my hopes of a Pre-2016 Diplomatic Escalation! :thumbsup:

I agree the intro could have been more fleshed out. Too bad they decided now was the time to shorten it due to much grumblings about both FO3 and Skyrim's opening sequences. Just when the story needs it most, ahaha.

I'd also have been totally down with our kid being older, someone you can actually talk to and connect with to some degree, instead of the lump-in-a-crib we got.

edit - it started out pink, Pagafyr, and progressively took on other colours. : D

I found Monty Python Humor enjoyable when I was drunk, a lot of things I found funny when I was drinking aren't when I am sober. Since I have that car now, I'm sober, because I would rather drive it then sit around drinking alone with a bottle named Jack. So I guess my days at seeing the humor in games is over. I'm not suffering from dry drunkeness or I would probably see that humor in the game you think might be of the style Monty Python Style or Marijuana puffers style, or Oxycontin users style. Hmm? Nope! Nothing funny about any of it when I'm just drinking water made with a condensing machine, before I go out and get into my 2006 Cadillac XLR to go for a drive, smiling and laughing all the way.

I have no problem with people having different tastes, or with them changing their tastes on the fly. I only disagree with rewriting history to make the Fallout universe be this kind of super-deep and super-consistent thing that it really never was.

Speaking of spouses, Miria in FO2 was just a weak NPC that got a quick shotgun wedding with you, and which you couldn't even do much with. She was useless in a fight, had pretty much no dialogue IIRC, and the only things you could do with her were divorce her, sell her to slavers or make her blow strangers for cash. Or the most common one: watch her get shot in the first fight, because she didn't have the level to be of any use, you couldn't remove her from the pary, and there was no such thing as essential NPCs. That's it. And I don't recall my character even expressing any remembering her, much less being motivated to do any kind of vengeance.

Hell, speaking of motivating players, she was actually the perfect demotivator: every player I've known hated her and wanted to be rid of her. Why? Because she forced you to use up a party slot on a super-weak and useless companion. Just about the only question everyone had was how to get rid of her ASAP. The only difference was that the more humane players ran straight to Reno to get a divorce, instead of just selling her to the first slavers.

Hell, what passed for the best outcome to even meeting her in the first place, was convincing her father that you're a doctor and performed a medical examination, so instead of a shotgun marriage you got to examine her with your dick again whenever you wanted. Which was the easiest way to get the Gigolo achievement (well, title.)

The relationship in FO4 is already deeper than that, strange as that might sound. Saying that players missed out on anything if that's their first relationship in a FO game... err... yeah, right.

They could of sent the guy to the door with a package to assure their child would of been given protection from the event of an outbreak. Then pestered them over and over until the Father was ready to shoot the salesman the next time he arrived on the front porch. And then one morning the couple awakens to find the baby being carried off. The man tracks them down to the vault, he and his wife break in; and while fighting to get out alive with their son the Atomic Holocaust traps them all inside leaving them the only 3 survivors in the vault.

nonoodles I thought pink was the color just after drinking?