I'm not sure if my system will be able to run skyrim mods..help?

K so I just bought a new laptop yesterday from this computer store in the Fraser Valley (British Columbia, Canada). So far, it has pleased me very much because of the fact that I've never had a half decent laptop before (they were all dual-core that ran at 1.8ghz or below with not enough ram or hd space). Now that I have a decent laptop, I want to get into some gaming. Not a lot because this isn't the sole purpose for this system, but enough to pass the time when I have nothing I need to do. So my question is, is my system good enough to run certain skyrim mods involving graphics and textures? I ask because the vanilla skyrim textures are ok and ok only. I want to run skyrim like it came out more recently graphics wise. I'm thinking of only installing a few mods (maybe 10-15) and have them all run at once. Will my system be able to handle that or should I just keep it vanilla? Any feedback will help :). Here are my specs:

- AMD Quad Core Processor A10-8700P (Clocks in @ 1.8GHz with turbo core tech up to 3.2GHz)

- AMD Radeon R6 Graphics Card (Hybrid with processor/ built in)

- 8 GB DDR3 L Memory

- 1 TB HDD

- Windows 10

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

As long as it doesn't overheat, it should work just dandy (that doesn't mean you can just load it up to the gills like its bottomless - even the best gaming machines have their limits, so eventually expect to hit a point where you *are* hurting performance in a noticeable way and then you have to decide what you want to back off of (e.g. remove a mod, lower resolution, lower draw distance, etc). I'd say keep an eye on how warm its getting, don't set it on something like a pillow or blanket (e.g. something that insulates/traps heat), and if you notice it getting very warm, get a "laptop cooling pad" (its a plastic thing with a fan or fans on it to help cool down the machine) for when you're gaming. :blush:

For a laptop without a discrete video card, that one is quite good. It will probably run ok, but if you install mods with graphic improvements, I'd suggest running a texture optimizer (like Ordenador), and turn graphic settings to low. Skyrim was not specifically benchmarked, but a lot of other games were here: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Carrizo-in-Review-How-does-AMD-s-A10-8700P-Perform.147654.0.html