Athanasa

My main problem with Father being Shaun is that there is zero proof that Father is Shaun. You don't have a watch going into the cryo-chamber, nor any external stimuli to indicate time passage. All you do know is that someone, Kellogg and the Institute kills the significant other while kidnapping the baby. And why go for the baby. Why not just port the chambers of all, and get the genetic materials direct from the bodies, and then port them back, one by one? The issue with Father being Shaun is the timing. Father can NOT be Shaun. Want to know why? Kellogg would have said something, and Valentine, and Kellogg, would have met before, a few times. My thought is that Father is not Shaun, but a manipulator, and a liar, and wants you to believe he is one thing he is not. Second point of proof, if he was Shaun, he would have remembered being with Kellogg during the Broken Man incident, and said something. However, this is not the case. Again, proving that Father is not Shaun. And if Father was Shaun, why not have a courser there when you woke up, to port you directly to the Institute to meet him, instead of having to fight your way through everything. Again, Father is NOT Shaun. So, Father is more a title, to me, than a person. The "synth" Shaun that is 10 years old is the real Shaun, and will grow up and old just like anyone else. One thing I do ask of people is not to believe what a few people is toting as truth, when there is no proof, at all, of it.

If you look at any NPC in the main Commonwealth, there is some similarity between the PC and the NPC's. Some. There is only so much you can with with the base face. That being said, BGS has not verified, at all, that Shaun is Father, or vice versa. If you are basing only on looks, then 85% of the Commonwealth's humans also look like you or your spouse. Even Maxson could be Shaun, based off of looks alone. Still, Father is not Shaun, and the time line does NOT fit.