Slot Use Standardization

Gambit77

Some of us have been talking about creating a slot use standard to make everyone's live easier.

Here's what I've come up with so far.

30 - Hair on top of head/most hats
31 - long hair/flight cap linings/under helmet/hat hoods
32 - FaceGenHead (used if your worried about the face clipping through a full face mask)
33 - Full outfits - Separate Pants/Shorts/Skirts
34 - Left Hand
35 - Right Hand
36 - Arm Add-on (Bracelets)
37 - Torso Layered Add-on (Jackets)
38 - Separate Tops (for vanilla outfits that need a second slot to show all armatures-Cage/Spike/ChildofAtom)
39 - Leg Add-on (Tights/Stockings/Vanilla outfits that need a third slot to show all armatures-ChildofAtom)
40 - Shoes/Boots
41 - Torso armor
42 - Left Arm armor
43 - Right Arm armor
44 - Left Leg armor
45 - Right Leg armor
46 - Masks that cover face/ hats/helmets/hoods meant to show all hair
47 - Eyes (Glasses/Eyepatchs)
48 - Beard (surgical mask/lower face masks)
49 - Mouth (surgical mask/lower face masks)(toothpick/cigarette/joint/cigar/blunt/lip rings)
50 - Necklace/Scarfs

51 - Ring
54 - Backpacks/Satchels - Capes/Cloaks
55 - Belts(utility belts/gunbelts/sword belts)/ Gun on Hip
56 - Shoulder Harnesses/Bandoliers
57 - Plate Carrier/Cargo Pack Vests(front and back torso) - Capes/Cloaks(alternate backup slot)
58 - Body Jewelry (piercings)/ Gun on back
61 - Off-Hand Accessories (Sword Sheath/Decorative Gun/SOS if they need a Dong slot)

So I'm looking for input.

Is there anything you can think of that won't fall into one of those categories.

If you think that there are other slots that would be safe to utilize.

Edited by Gambit77

Guest deleted2588518

looks good. I would only say that most of those slots are still listed as "Unknown" in xEdit so they may need reordering once we know specifically which one is which.

Unless these slots are the exact same as Skyrim? I'd have to pull both up at the same time to compare.

I'm also going to assume you're teaming up and working on standard slots together?

Yes, it's a group effort. Everyone in the discussion is on board so far except for Slevin, which is why there were revisions to overlap with what he's doing as much as possible. But we had to diverge because he's wasting a couple slots due to inefficiency and he refused to make jackets independent of armor because he wants them to conflict for the mod he's working on. So his mods will probably need a patch for full compatibility but they'll be fairly easy to make because it will only be for small amount of the items from them. Still waiting to hear back from Eferas, but if he's down (which I expect he will be) with you, Aldebaran90 and Stndmunki we'll have all the bag makers using it. It's already integrated into an upcoming outfit mod from Calyps. I'll be conforming all the vanilla outfits to it in the next AE update, and updating all the AE comp patches I made. I think we're off to a good start, and have a good chance for this to be widely adopted before new mesh tools bring a flood of new items.

It depends on what the goal is. I have a working model for incorporating other mods and equipping things as logically as possible. If the RR weave is applied to all of the cloth items it allows for DR of 1100. The Layerable Apparel .esp also has almost every Armor and Armor Addon record sorted by equipment slot, so instead of looking for a few eyewear items in a list of hundreds of things, you can sort the list to make all of the eyewear items group together. I'm also having to patch other mods because there's no willingness to make a standard for them. It's a problem that needs a solution so if you can convince people to work with you that would be great. The best approach is probably to contact the authors of FO4Edit and see if they would be willing to work the "mod author consensus" for slots into their program since that is the program we're all using at this point.

I've been working with this for a while and enough people have tested the 36-40 and 50 slots that I'm fairly sure they can be used once they're freed up from vanilla clothing.

33 Attire
34 Gloves
35 Gloves/Bracers
36 Ring 1
37 Ring 2
38 Ring 3
39 Ring 4
40 Necklace
41 Chest Armor
42 Arm Armor
43 Arm Armor
44 Leg Armor
45 Leg Armor
46 Hat/Helmet with 30/31
47 Eyewear
48 Mask/Beard
49 Mask/Mouth
50 Scarf/Neck
51 Underwear
52 Open
53 Open
54 Backpack
55 Belt 1 (Back Left)
56 Belt 2 (Back Right) Open
57 Open
58 Open
59 Open
60 Outerwear
61 Pipboy
I want to make 55 - 58 work as a utility belt, so if a belt is equipped to 55, it will allow pouches to be equipped to 56 - 58 around the waist. The only slots I've found that can't be used for something else without significant work are 30-34 and 41-45, the skin, hair and armor slots. I've heard that 59 is also a "grenade" or "explosives" slot, but I can't confirm this.
Edited by th3t3rr1bl30n3

When I started making the jackets mod, it was mostly because I wanted an alternative of upper armor parts. Like I said, both have their own + and - to not have one being more useful than the other. And they are not stackable without getting a lot of clipping. I personally hate clipping and i try to do my best to avoid them.

Also I don't know what you're talking about when you say that i'm wasting a couple of slots. But the mod i'm working on need specifics independent slots for arm bands/watch (left)(right); gloves (left)(right), t-shirts, pants, boots, belts/utility belts. The rest are already existing slots like necklace/armor parts.

Slot 61 is already used for FX/animations. You should leave it open for that.

One last thing. Can you create a dedicated workbench for clothes directly in your akcr mod instead of AE. Since we are making a standardization of the clothing system. I think It's better for all of us, modder and players to have a general workbench compatible with every clothes mod without having to do a compatibility patch for AE everytime.

I meant that the full outfit slot could be doubled up with the pants slot, since nobody is going to be wearing a full outfit at the same time that they're wearing an outfit made up of separate pieces.

And that arm addon's could just use one slot instead of two, which could go either way. Since we don't have a lot of slots to work with I felt that one is better since you could just make whatever combination of left/right arm addons one item and use just one slot. Although it's kind of a moot point since the slot I assigned for jackets, that you want for a 2nd arm addon, you'll be able to use for arm-addons since you move jackets to armor slots.

I'm aware of what uses slot 61, that's why it's for limited things that aren't likely to be needed at the same time as FXs.