Slot Use Standardization

Gambit77

Guest deleted2588518

One last thing. Can you create a dedicated workbench for clothes directly in your akcr mod instead of AE. Since we are making a standardization of the clothing system. I think It's better for all of us, modder and players to have a general workbench compatible with every clothes mod without having to do a compatibility patch for AE everytime.

This would be pretty nice to have since I want to expand my bag mod and would like to drop crafting workbenches as a dependency option. A standard bench that everyone uses would be a win-win for a lot of us.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if this list ever became the de facto standard for clothing & armor slots? I'm starting to port my mix & match separates from Coito Ergo Sum, and I want to be as compatible as possible with other mods. I know I'm a little late to the party, but my only suggestion to the list as proposed would be to use 33 for boots/shoes because the body mesh is typically part of whatever goes in 33, and in my experience shoes are the item most likely to require edits to the body mesh (to accommodate heels).

This is the current list of slots we use:

30 - Hair on top of head/most hats
31 - long hair/flight cap linings/under helmet/hat hoods
32 - FaceGenHead (used if your worried about the face clipping through a full face mask)
33 - Full outfits - Shoes/Boots
34 - Left Hand
35 - Right Hand
36 - Arm Add-on (Bracelets)
37 - Torso Layered Add-on (Jackets)
38 - Separate Tops (for vanilla outfits that need a second slot to show all armatures-Cage/Spike/ChildofAtom)
39 - Leg Add-on (Tights/Stockings/Vanilla outfits that need a third slot to show all armatures-ChildofAtom)
40 - Separate Pants/Shorts/Skirts
41 - Torso armor
42 - Left Arm armor
43 - Right Arm armor
44 - Left Leg armor
45 - Right Leg armor
46 - Masks that cover face/headbands/(hats/helmets/hoods meant to show all hair)
47 - Eyes (Glasses/Eyepatchs)
48 - Beard (surgical mask/lower face masks)
49 - Mouth (surgical mask/lower face masks)(toothpick/cigarette/joint/cigar/blunt/lip rings)
50 - Necklace/Scarfs
51 - Ring
54 - Backpacks/ Capes/ Cloaks
55 - Satchels/ Belts(utility belts/gunbelts/sword belts)/ Gun on Hip
56 - Shoulder Harnesses/Bandoliers
57 - Plate Carrier/Cargo Pack Vests(front and back torso) - Capes/Cloaks(alternate backup slot)
58 - Body Jewelry (piercings)/ Gun on back
61 - Off-Hand Accessories (Sword Sheath/Decorative Gun/SOS if they need a Dong slot)

Edited by slevin92

This is the current list of slots we use:

30 - Hair on top of head/most hats

31 - long hair/flight cap linings/under helmet/hat hoods

32 - FaceGenHead (used if your worried about the face clipping through a full face mask)

33 - Full outfits - Shoes/Boots

34 - Left Hand

35 - Right Hand

36 - Arm Add-on (Bracelets)

37 - Torso Layered Add-on (Jackets)

38 - Separate Tops (for vanilla outfits that need a second slot to show all armatures-Cage/Spike/ChildofAtom)

39 - Leg Add-on (Tights/Stockings/Vanilla outfits that need a third slot to show all armatures-ChildofAtom)

40 - Separate Pants/Shorts/Skirts

41 - Torso armor

42 - Left Arm armor

43 - Right Arm armor

44 - Left Leg armor

45 - Right Leg armor

46 - Masks that cover face/headbands/(hats/helmets/hoods meant to show all hair)

47 - Eyes (Glasses/Eyepatchs)

48 - Beard (surgical mask/lower face masks)

49 - Mouth (surgical mask/lower face masks)(toothpick/cigarette/joint/cigar/blunt/lip rings)

50 - Necklace/Scarfs

51 - Ring

54 - Backpacks/ Capes/ Cloaks

55 - Satchels/ Belts(utility belts/gunbelts/sword belts)/ Gun on Hip

56 - Shoulder Harnesses/Bandoliers

57 - Plate Carrier/Cargo Pack Vests(front and back torso) - Capes/Cloaks(alternate backup slot)

58 - Body Jewelry (piercings)/ Gun on back

61 - Off-Hand Accessories (Sword Sheath/Decorative Gun/SOS if they need a Dong slot)

In my opinion this is a too wasteful usage of slots and should be streamlined.

As already mentioned slot 61 is already used by special effects. In Skyrim outfits using that slot broke spell effects and the like.

i would use object modification slots instead of body slots for some stuff (mostly addon stuff like jewelery, scarfs and stuff), that would free up some body slots. Mod slots are actually pretty cool (e.g. you can have an unlimited number of those), but currently massively under-used. in my opinion especially mods like FCO can massively benefit from mod slots. Theoretically you can use mod slots to reimplement FCO using a SINGLE body slot. Here (NSFW!) is an example of a mod that uses mod slots to allow users to mix different piercings using a single body slot. And here you can find some short description of what is possible with object modifications.