Dungeonsiege Orbs Treated like offensive candlelight spell

macepalframan

Hey everyone its Mace, I have another request for some anxious modders out there.

If anyone has every played Dungeon Siege Legends of Aranna, by microsoft games, around 2002 I think? They had an awesome little system for mages that the skyrim candlelight spell reminded me of. Basically it allowed you to cast a buff spell that was treated as an orb, floated around you and sort of thought for itself, while you could do other things at the same time. It allowed for some diversity, a fan favorite was orb of healing, which cast a constant, slow and steady heal over time on any single nearby allied target at a time, priority on caster, second to most injured ally. In addition there were typical offensive orbs as well, orb of fire, frost, energy, lightning, and I think the base system would be a great addition to the skyrim magic line. A buff based spell like an orb, being added into spellshops and loot, to the various magic trees with a variety of effects, treated just like a cloak spell, except beyond just the destruction skill. Those cloak spells would be a good one to advance on as well, bringing them into other magic lines but perhaps a request for another time. What I'm looking for specifically, would be seeing spell trees incorporate an orb spell that follows the same ideas as above, perhaps your typical elements in destruction. Using a reasonably low spell like frost, sparks or flames, a restoration one casting a constant healing or heal other, perhaps with cure disease on a pulse sometimes. It could stop there but maybe if it was able to be primed with a basic spell, tier 1 or tier 2 spells, it could expand to other trees as well just to try keep things balanced. Like orb of fear, courage or frenzy for illusion, alteration elemental shielding buff, just armor, for yourself and others, or maybe soultrap. Anyways I'm sure the idea has got the point across, hopefully it gets some bites. Happy modding! :)