Invisible robots bug

Ospider555

I just got this bug after downloading a CROSS uni headset, bos uniform and the CROSS framework and leveled lists...Seems to be a pattern here with these CROSS mods. Most people here have problems with these and the craftable armor size, idk whats the connection between them and the robos...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got this bug after downloading a CROSS uni headset, bos uniform and the CROSS framework and leveled lists...Seems to be a pattern here with these CROSS mods. Most people here have problems with these and the craftable armor size, idk whats the connection between them and the robos...

Cross and CAS both add a significant number of keywords. If you're already close to the limit, they will push you past it and create the bug.

None of the mods talked about here would cause the bug themselves or even in conjunction with a few others. Its when you combine multiple mods that add lots of keywords that the bug appears. Depending on which mods you have, you can actually go into FO4Edit and remove some of their keywords to help with getting under the limit.

Cross and CAS both add a significant number of keywords. If you're already close to the limit, they will push you past it and create the bug.

None of the mods talked about here would cause the bug themselves or even in conjunction with a few others. Its when you combine multiple mods that add lots of keywords that the bug appears. Depending on which mods you have, you can actually go into FO4Edit and remove some of their keywords to help with getting under the limit.

Thx, im gonna try that and see if it helps.

Ive tried to disable and uninstall lots of mods but nothing so far....

• 2 months later...

i have the same problem but i fix it... the main problem is the mod itself.. some mod can't be activate at the same time.. for me i disable all the mod and plugin first.. then create a new game but don't delete your old save game.. after a new game is created, save your game of easy access later. now all your mod and plug have been disable right? next step is the open console (press ~ on your keyboard if you don't know) by the way i'm using pc version. after that, type in this command player.placeatme 0022cdf4 to summon a sentry bot near you to see if the bot is invisible or not, BE SURE TO DISABLE ALL YOUR MOD AND PLUGIN before doing this method. Then quit your game and open NMM to activate the mod and plug one by one to see if the mod are ok the use with other mod. Then open your new game and type in the command to summon sentry bot to see if the sentry bot is invisible or not. Hope this help cause it solve my sentry bot issue.

Still... This is *not* related to 1 single mod, as I now finally can confirm!
This is related to the 'settlement keyword cap', i.e it's a bug in the game-engine which has been confirmed by Bethesda.
Don't know if the latest updates have fixed this as I haven't updated (my game gets very unstable thanks to all the mods).
I went for the Settlement Keywords Independent mod, replaced all my mod's that have an SK-version, and
really ditched more than a few mods that adds (similar) stuff to craft at your settlements, like Snap and Build.
Now after a few days gameplay, the robots are back in one of my saves (I read that some time in-game is needed for it to 'reset').
But -Yeehaw! So what you need to do is to cut down on un-necessary mod's to get below the current keyword-cap.
And the issue was related to *all* robots except uniques like Codsworth and such.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Handy Hats for Companions mod makes Protectrons invisible and the mod is abandoned. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6191

Someone else made a patch for it that I can personally verify works (though you'll need to either recycleactor or wait somewhere away from the actor for long enough that they reset): http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14154