Need information about awareness perk.

Genamine

I've made a mod that changes NPCs to scale with player level (PC level mult)

Mod works like a gem, until you acquire the Awareness perk, for some reason this breaks the whole damn thing and resets ALL the levels of ALL the NPCs back to 1, regardless of player level.

Figured I'd take a look at this in FO4Edit then.

But, it appeared the Effects tab of the Awareness perk is completely empty.

I started looking for other records that trace back to the Awareness perk in some way, see if the effect is controlled elsewhere. Found nothing.

At this point it seemed probable that the Awareness perk is fully scripted, so I went to take a look among the scripts. Did not find anything that seemingly related to the Awareness perk.

I'm clueless as to how the effect is controlled, and I need help. It is a critical bug for my mod, especially because the nature of it only makes the Awareness perk ever more useful.

The only two records I've come up with in FO4Edit that involve the Awareness perk are ofcourse the perk itself, and a Default Object (DOBJ) called VATSWeakSpotPerk.

Mod page in case it's needed:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4322/?

This perk is referenced by only a single record as you noticed VATSWeakSpotPerk [DFOB:0017643C]

The Editor ID of it "VATSWeakSpotPerk" is a hardcoded value similar to game settings GMST records, so the Awareness perk functionality is built-in in the engine and not controlled by scripts.

Edited by zilav

• 1 year later...