Commanding Shaun

HandofBobb

so yeah, I took Synth Shaun with me when I blew up the Institute, now he just hangs around Sanctuary, consuming random junk- he says he needs it to build something, but so far that hasn't manifested yet. Anyway, my question is, is there some console command I can use to assign him to a specific bed, since he just randomly assigned himself one when he arrived, and it's all the way at the other end of town from the house I've taken up residence in- I'd really like to be able to keep a better eye on him, just in case he goes all Skynet on me.

While I'm at it, is there a command to reset his outfit to something other than that hideous striped shirt? even his Institute outfit would be better...

Not sure about assigning him to a specific bed, but you can however change his clothes. Select him through the console (either by clicking on him with the console open or by using the prid 0005c338 command) and use the equipitem [itemID] (without the []) to equip the clothes you want him to wear.

Kid's clothes available are:

• Child Uniform 0016BFFE
  • Kid's Baseball Cap 00167A74
  • Kid's Dress 001561D8
  • Kid's Pajamas 0015DBA6
  • Kid's Shirt and Jeans 00167A75
  • Street Urchin Rags 00167A76

Think I might've missed one, but hope this helps =]

Ok, managed to get him assigned to a bed using addkeyword WorkshopAllowCommand.

also, I was able to make him equip a BoS Squire Uniform (3FB9F), but he has no hair under the hat now.

Does he sleep at all? Cause in my game he doesn't, and I can't command him either.

Yeah, he doesn't seem to sleep in my game either, just sits around on the patio of the workshop house. but still it seems he consumes a bed resource, so It suits my OCD to have him assigned to one in my house.

Also, It seems that even with using the console to equip another outfit, as soon as I leave Sanctuary, he changes back into that obnoxious striped affair.

Tried removing the striped suit from his inventory? This may prevent him from changing back.

I tried openactorcontainer 1 to inspect his inventory, but it shows as empty, even after I force equip the other outfits. Is there another way to show his inventory?

btw, I tried the child institute uniform and 'urchin rags' as well, all 3 have him reverting back to the striped shirt whenever I reload Sanctuary.

Well, it seems hes hardcoded to wear the striped shirt. I used showinventory and it listed all the various ones I had him try on over the last few days, and the 'kid's shirt and jeans', but the shirt and jeans had an additional tag of -'outfit'(id#) sorry I forgot to write down the actual id#. I removed everything but the Squire Uniform and had him equip it, but the next time I fast traveled back, he was in the striped shirt again- I guess I'll have to live with it.