Loot doesnt detect all my plugins

Omegon123

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem, because i'm a idiot.

Turns out i have to run loot trough mod organizer not trough desktop shortcut.

Well f*** me gently. :D

Maybe someone's as foolish as me and this helps.

I didn't have this issue, but I just wanted to say that I really like that you put this up here so that people could find it. Lord knows how many times we've all googled some error we were having and not found any posted solutions.

• 1 month later...

I don't know what LOOT is, but I am having the SAME EXACT problem with MO. I uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim SE and I now have a completely, pristine Data folder and I even uninstalled all of my mods in MO and reinstalled some of them.

At some point, MO stopped working. I started to notice that some mods which I was installing didn't appear to be showing up at all. And, if I uninstalled an older mod and reinstalled it, MO would not recognize it. I later uninstalled and reinstalled MO to see if that would help, and it did not.

Whenever I try to start a new game, it continues to tell me that the .esm and .esp files are missing. I check the mod folders and find that they are there.

That's when I started to back up my Data folder, I tried to make a pristine one, but it continued to make the same error. I later uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim SE, which took HOURS, and it was the same problem. I later deleted all of my mods in the Mods folder of my MO AppData directory. And, the problem continued to persist.

One odd thing to note is that I have an alternate song, and that is still playing whenever I start the game with MO. It no longer does this with Steam Skyrim SE as I uninstalled everything and cleared it out. However, Alternate Start doesn't load, and I think that that's because it was one of the mods that I uninstalled and reinstalled to see what the effects would be.

So, my guess is that something somewhere outside of the Skyrim SE folder and the MO's AppData folder is causing this problem. Perhaps a file in the Program Files (x86) folder of MO?

I tried researching this on their wiki page, but I could not find anything like this in their troubleshooting section. This seems to be an entirely unique situation. This LOOT problem is the closest to my problem that I could find after days of researching.

I seriously love using MO, by the way. The virtual folder idea is just genius, and it allows me so much freedom when it comes to trying out various mods. If the annoying black face problem reemerges, then I don't have to uninstall everything, but instead, one-at-a-time, unclick a checkbox and click back again to pinpoint which mods are conflicting with which.

The ease of installing and uninstalling mods is so awesome, that I don't want to go back to Nexus right now. HOWEVER, it's not loading my mods and I don't know why.

Please help me.

this issue persist, and sometime it's very frustrating.

A solution can be to delete

...ModOrganizer2\profiles\[Profile Name]\lockedorder.txt

and REBOOT PC !
I still don't know which process is involved, but you have to reboot, close and restar MO2, isn't enough.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem, because i'm a idiot.

Turns out i have to run loot trough mod organizer not trough desktop shortcut.

Well f*** me gently. :D

Maybe someone's as foolish as me and this helps.

Looks like you've got plenty company here, did the exact same thing, your comment is greatly appreciated, solved all my issues :D

• 1 month later...

I don't know what LOOT is, but I am having the SAME EXACT problem with MO. I uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim SE and I now have a completely, pristine Data folder and I even uninstalled all of my mods in MO and reinstalled some of them.

At some point, MO stopped working. I started to notice that some mods which I was installing didn't appear to be showing up at all. And, if I uninstalled an older mod and reinstalled it, MO would not recognize it. I later uninstalled and reinstalled MO to see if that would help, and it did not.

Whenever I try to start a new game, it continues to tell me that the .esm and .esp files are missing. I check the mod folders and find that they are there.

That's when I started to back up my Data folder, I tried to make a pristine one, but it continued to make the same error. I later uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim SE, which took HOURS, and it was the same problem. I later deleted all of my mods in the Mods folder of my MO AppData directory. And, the problem continued to persist.

One odd thing to note is that I have an alternate song, and that is still playing whenever I start the game with MO. It no longer does this with Steam Skyrim SE as I uninstalled everything and cleared it out. However, Alternate Start doesn't load, and I think that that's because it was one of the mods that I uninstalled and reinstalled to see what the effects would be.

So, my guess is that something somewhere outside of the Skyrim SE folder and the MO's AppData folder is causing this problem. Perhaps a file in the Program Files (x86) folder of MO?

I tried researching this on their wiki page, but I could not find anything like this in their troubleshooting section. This seems to be an entirely unique situation. This LOOT problem is the closest to my problem that I could find after days of researching.

I seriously love using MO, by the way. The virtual folder idea is just genius, and it allows me so much freedom when it comes to trying out various mods. If the annoying black face problem reemerges, then I don't have to uninstall everything, but instead, one-at-a-time, unclick a checkbox and click back again to pinpoint which mods are conflicting with which.

The ease of installing and uninstalling mods is so awesome, that I don't want to go back to Nexus right now. HOWEVER, it's not loading my mods and I don't know why.

Please help me.

I'm having the exact same problem you are, except with NMM. I'm pretty sure it's a problem with SE since I just decided today to try switching to SE. So I had a clean install (first install), started it up to generate the ini, installed some mods, and then nothing showed up in the SE mods list. As an aside, they didn't show up in LOOT regardless of all the fixes I've found (I could live with this if the freaking game worked!).

They're on the same drive, the files are in the data folder, but they just never show up in the game. I did notice, however, when I tried to enable a mod from the ingame bethesda mods it instantly unchecked every plugin in NMM.

This is driving me insane. Even though I can just go back to Oldrim and have an easier/much better time I'm annoyed that I can't solve this and, until now, couldn't find anyone else with the problem.