Loot doesnt detect all my plugins

Omegon123

• 4 weeks later...

I found this topic googling yesterday nightvery very desparately. Nothing I could find. LOOT seemed to have started ignoring my mods and skyrim launcher /skse ignored mod organizer. after re-installing LOOT it would even refuse to acknowledge the game.

What had caused this crash?

First I had tried downloading a steam workshop only mod, what somehow caused my launchers to go bonkers, second it seemed I had downloaded a corrupt file from nexus (in this case sacrosant from Enai. I doubt though it is on the author, as he/she is very very passionate. I guess it was just a temporary problem or else). I remember that my MO complained about hitting the download with manager button, asking about if it was a "Bain" file or similar. I just ignored and downloaded manually. Mistake, I think.

I did all this while I was installing several mods. 2 hours later I tried sorting the game and the mess began:

No plugin was recognized by the game. Trying to use LOOT, it would only recognize vanilla and the bashed patch (which is consistent as it is in the data folder)

I did 3 things, that helped me finally.

first, and I think this was curing a symptom, I had to explain LOOT the game path again, going to C://user/username/AppData/local/LOOT and the open settings.yaml

search for skyrim and path the "" was empty. I added the correct path.

Now LOOT was actually running again but still only reading plugins from vanilla. (also not reading any DLC by the way)

After running all launchers from inside and outside MO, getting really frustrated and starting to panic, just after several runs I would start getting error messages about MO not being able to parse sacrosant.bsa

this is especially weird, as it did not happen to be a problem before even though everything was broken already before.

At this point I did not care too much about it as I was suspicious of update.bsa due to the whole steam workshop mess. I tried removing it (and backing it up) from the data folder and launching the game with the hope of the game creating a new file. :D didn't work. Still mentioning it as a step to reproduce. Who knows if some magic happened from here.

I put the update.bsa back to the game. As MO still was constantly bitching about the parsing error, I deleted the regarding folder out of MO. When I launched MO again and opened LOOT, all of a sudden everything, every plugin was recognized again. Also launching the game and loading old saves is good again.

I just really wonder: Last night I fought for 3hours, but getting the parser error for just maybe the last half hour. If I had gotten it to begin with, I would have started with deleting the respective folder. But as it just popped up later, I ignored it for a while as I thought it was a follow up f*#@up from plugins not being read correctly.

Anyhow. I hope this may help anyone in the future, searching google for the same kind of error.

• 4 months later...

LOOT seems to use an odd mix of virtual and literal paths. In my case, I had two Fallout 3 installations (long story) and LOOT was pointing to the old install (and not finding my MO mods). I updated the Fallout3.exe path within LOOT, and my MO mods were instantly recognized.

• 3 months later...

LOOT seems to use an odd mix of virtual and literal paths. In my case, I had two Fallout 3 installations (long story) and LOOT was pointing to the old install (and not finding my MO mods). I updated the Fallout3.exe path within LOOT, and my MO mods were instantly recognized.

Thanks this fixed it.

Open Loot in MO

Clicked the Options dots, settings.

Saw my Game Directory was pointing to the wrong drive, to my virtual install path for steam.

Changed it and it picked up plugins.

FYI - Using 'Steam Mover' to move Steam Games to SSD.

• 3 weeks later...

this issue persist, and sometime it's very frustrating.

A solution can be to delete

...ModOrganizer2\profiles\[Profile Name]\lockedorder.txt

and REBOOT PC !

I still don't know which process is involved, but you have to reboot, close and restar MO2, isn't enough.

THANK YOU SO MUCH

1) Reboot PC
2) Go to control panel
3) In games enable game bar (if it's already enabled, disable it and re-enable it) , close the window
4) Return in control panel, in game, disable game bar.
5) Reboot.
6) Profit.

It's a sort of Macumba-black-magic ritual, but it works 100% guarantee.

Edited by MaximilianPs

• 2 months later...

I did move everthing outside of the programm files folders...

Still dont work :/

I moved my Mod Organizer folder toÂ

\C:\Games\Mod Organizer

Â

I really dont understand....Even if i click on the SKSE excecutable IN MOD ORGANIZER which i installed correctly it just runs the "vanilla" game from the \C:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Skyrim folder as if Mod Organizer woudnt even run or something :(

Â

I just moved the folders outside the programm files folders...should i try re-installing Steam,Mod Organizer etc.?

I hope there is a other way to handle my problem....

• 1 month later...

this issue persist, and sometime it's very frustrating.

A solution can be to delete

...ModOrganizer2\profiles\[Profile Name]\lockedorder.txt

and REBOOT PC !

I still don't know which process is involved, but you have to reboot, close and restar MO2, isn't enough.

Thank you bro, you saved my game¡¡ <3 it worked

• 1 month later...

I just had the same problem, but loot and tes5edit worked on the other profiles in MO so I deleted the bad profile. I have both Loot and Skyrim V installed in their default Program Files (x86) folders and have had no problems until today. Mod Organizer is in my Skyrim directory. I have about 80 plus profiles setup. Not all in use, but getting there. Tried recreating that profile and got the same issue. I deleted it and deleted another profile and recreate the profile "The Ancient Falmer" and now it works. Must have hit a ceiling there.

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...