2 requests 1 weapon, 1 armour/ pls help out a little girl

tawatabak

thanks for the update

if u are able to expand it to for a wide variety of gloves and gauntlets it would be way more impressive than everything i asked for

i like the first solution u listed, with the various combinations in the weapon-tab better, cause if i only want to equipp a new weapon i dont want to go through the armory-tab

btw did u start working on the canine-dress for violett?

if yes, could u post an update to this aswell?

Wow it kinda seems like you don't have enough time on your hands to be taking different peoples request mod wise. Are you sure you should be making promises to people with so little time to spend working on things like this(not blaming you for having a very busy schedule). I could just be some impatient prick, but there are so many other games out there to play and with everyone not having great attention spans you could imagine how some people might just have stop playing FNV by the time you have made there request. Just venting no offense directed to you of course.

Edited by OrionSigma

Wow it kinda seems like you don't have enough time on your hands to be taking different peoples request mod wise.

You do realize that tawatabak's request was before your's right? By your own logic then, I shouldn't be taking your request?

Are you sure you should be making promises to people with so little time to spend working on things like this(not blaming you for having a very busy schedule).

I don't make any promises, all requests are dependent on the requester's attitude, my available time and inclination, skill set etc. There are *no* promises implied or otherwise.

I could just be some impatient prick, but there are so many other games out there to play and with everyone not having great attention spans you could imagine how some people might just have stop playing FNV by the time you have made there request.

We don't have a lot of modders taking requests for FONV currently and I don't expect that to improve (if anything it will get worse when the creation kit/Geck for FO4 is released). I try to do what I can with the time I have available. The project your asking for has a very limited appeal and is complicated because of the nif in question. I prefer to use my time creating mods that have a wider appeal, but I do try to help out when I can.

You are more than welcome to create your own mod or try to petition another modder to work on your project. However the reality is most people won't put the time and effort into doing it themselves and most requests won't be filled by *anyone*.

I have no, as in 0, problem dropping a request if there is attitude. I'm not into rewarding poor or negative behavior and it's a sleight to other players that are patient and understanding of the realities of modding. More complicated projects take more time and I don't have a lot to spare. Personally, I feel my time would be better spent on other projects than your request. I'd recommend (since waiting is a problem for you) you just move on to those other games or mods if waiting is a problem for you. Lets just call this one (your request) dead and move on.

Like I said before it was just me impatiently venting, but maybe I should have been more clear about things such as me trying to get programs like blender, nifscope, ect working for months with no success. Plus every time I ask a mod author for a little advice on how to go about doing things myself they all say the same thing(I'm still figuring things out myself or I don't know of any tutorials sorry.) That statement about my request having limited appeal is kinda untrue, I've seen a lot of posts that discuss swords across the players back among other things. To be frank with FNV being 8-9 years old newer mods aren't getting as much praise as they used to no matter how cool or bland they are especially with fallout 4 being played predominantly. Yes I saw the date of tawabk request in this post a while back. No offence intended, but it's just frustrating to have a lot of time to kill waiting on something I really wouldn't mind doing myself if I could. Plus correct me if I'm wrong but didn't tawamk request 2 mods I asked for 1 which is most likely smaller/faster to do using grocery store logic you can kinda see where my impatient foot started tapping.

Edited by OrionSigma

Like I said before it was just me impatiently venting, but maybe I should have been more clear about things such as me trying to get programs like blender, nifscope, ect working for months with no success. Plus every time I ask a mod author for a little advice on how to go about doing things myself they all say the same thing(I'm still figuring things out myself or I don't know of any tutorials sorry.)

There are a ton of hits for the terms fallout, blender and tutorial on youtube (as well as fallout, nifskope & tutorial). I personally don't have any particular tutorial that has been a holy grail for me, to recommend, as most of my experience has been trial and error. But as far as advice I'v given quite a bit on this forum and the mod author forum.

That statement about my request having limited appeal is kinda untrue, I've seen a lot of posts that discuss swords across the players back among other things.

Yep, but your request isn't a sword across the back.

This is anecdotal, but I believe this is the first request for brothershogo's work. Or at least this is the first time I recall requesting permission for his assets.

So you can do the math on this one pretty easily. Multiply the fraction of players that use his mod by the fraction of players that want a tanto/shorsword on the right hip (that doesn't line up with the resting/sheathed equipped weapon, nor the drawing animation) and you have the subset this mod appeals to. Not hard to connect teh dots as far as limited appeal.

Simply stating otherwise (asserting) isn't a persuasive argument to me.

Yes I saw the date of tawabk request in this post a while back. No offence intended, but it's just frustrating to have a lot of time to kill waiting on something I really wouldn't mind doing myself if I could.

A great many aspects of fallout modding is frustrating, it's the nature of the beast. I have every confidence in you, as an adult to be able to manage your expectations. The same sentiment applies in regard to learning fallout. I don't (and most modders won't) have the time, communication skills or patience to tutor an individual but there are a wealth of fallout tutorials available.

Plus correct me if I'm wrong but didn't tawamk request 2 mods I asked for 1 which is most likely smaller/faster to do using grocery store logic you can kinda see where my impatient foot started tapping.

I'm not working on the 2nd request, I'v floated some ideas on how it can be done but nothing beyond that. Tawatabak's gauntlet request ties into a former project I was working on and interests me personally.

I think the main problem here is you have a sense of entitlement and you seem to be overlooking the basics of the forum. From the stickies at the top;

micalov, Why is no one making my mod request? The reality,; "Check out the nexus wiki and Google for many very helpful guides to get you started."

and

Vagrant0, DO NOT BUMP THREADS!!!,; "It is important to remember that people who respond to requests are VOLUNTEERS. Meaning that NOBODY IS REQUIRED TO HELP WITH YOUR REQUESTS OR EVEN RESPOND. Requests are done only because someone is both interested, capable, and is willing to spend the time to do them."

Long story short, it's unfortunate your frustrated but I am working within the constraints I'v explained in this post (time, ability, inclination etc) and previous posts. That doesn't work for you and that's fine, and perhaps someone else (or you yourself) will fulfill your request.

i wouldnt mind, if orions request is an easy task , u do his request first

It's not (an easy request).

but guys please dont fight in my topic

I'm not fighting with OrionSigma, just responding to his posts and trying to clarify the situation. Beyond this exchange, I don't believe I have anything to add to his sub thread (I'm essentially just repeating what I'v already posted...in essence). I don't bear him any ill will or malice other than a bit of minor frustration (at burning time reiterating info that I'v already posted or is already available in the forum and the nexus). Perhaps I may even fulfill his request(s) in the future if he understands the restrictions I have explained. I don't want to clutter your thread with off topic discussion (or waste more time), I simply wanted to respond to his post as a courtesy. I'm more than happy to move on to teh real business of modding.

• 1 month later...

1st person deathclaw gauntlet is MIA, I'm not sure exactly why yet. Maybe it needs a pipboy on/off node or maybe it's something simpler related to teh 1st person model on teh form. Here is a vid of the first rough beta;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VeBCksKyrk&feature=youtu.be

If you want I can package it up (keep in mind the missing deathclaw gauntlet in first person) if you play in third person and don't want to wait to mess around with it.