Raider + Gunner Faction Story lines

KingScuba

I know a lot of people are complaining about not being able to play 'evil' in fallout 4. To be honest, I don't think Fallout 4 could pull off an evil story line, as it would simply conflict with the 2 main protagonists. With Fallout 4, Bethesda went out and forced us to be good guys. That's fine with me, and I think the story is fine.

Doesn't mean I don't want to roleplay as a raider or gunner and be the scourge of the wastelands though. So here's my concept, that I can't make since I have no idea how to code, and I know quite a bit of this would require the GECK. I can, however, toss this out and offer my help in writing a narrative for a couple factions.

So What I suggest is basically making an alternate start, where you're forced to be some no name scumbucket who just blew into the commonwealth. In the interest of making dialogue easier on some points, let's also say that his vocal chords got screwed up in a gun fight, so the only way he can communicate is through his pip boy via a text to speech (or maybe have that as a whole other faction who worship robots like the sons of atom worship the bombs in the raiders or something. Meh)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Upon arriving in the wasteland, you go to a bar. In said bar is a gunner recruiter who happens to need one more head to make his quota, so he offers it to you.

If you accept, you join the gunners and all raiders are hostile to you.

If you decline, You get cursed out, thrown out of the bar, and down the road you get an encounter where a raider kidnaps you. You wake up as a raider at the Corvega Assembly Plant under Jared, and only raiders from the Corvega plant are neutral to you.

Either way, you get labeled as a gunner or a raider, and all settlers/minutemen/other standard friendly people are hostile towards you (Minus goodneighbor and a few other areas that don't care if you're a gunner/raider)

As a note, while all of this is happening, the lone wanderer (the standard character you would start off with in vanilla) Is off building up one of the other factions (I would suggest BOS for Gunners and Minutemen for Raiders) and you should be aware that the lone wanderer is out there, and that you'll end up meeting them throughout the gameplay, eventually being forced into a showdown at the main base after being attacked.

Furthermore, In writing this I'm trying to stay as lore friendly as possible, while also trying to include as much pre existing information as possible

--------------------------------------------------------------------

As a Gunner :

Gunners obviously use a military ranking system on top of a mercenary style gameplay. There would be a few different quest lines. Here I'll be using the USMC rank and operation rules (Squads consist of 4 people, 1 Squad Lead, 3 other units). As you complete the main story, you'll be introduced naturally to the radiant quests, as well as being given more story on how the gunners actually operate and their command structure. As you complete more missions, you climb up the ranks, from E-1 (Private) To O-3 (Captain) [Maybe beyond to O-9 General?). In total, I'd say there should be about 16~18 main plot lines for the gunner. After you bring down the castle, We'll say captain wes is injured and decides to leave the organization to you. Because what's a Fallout game without being able to spend 1 month in an organization and take it over?

1) Mercenary Work (radiant quests)

• Killer for Hire - Obviously, go kill a randomly generated NPC.
  • Gather Materials/Weapons - Mostly for low level gunners, they need to scavenge for food, weapons, etc
  • Defense Missions - Go defend a person/settlement

2) Base Establishments

• Go to the settlements around the commonwealth and set up even more outposts for gunners.

3) Main Story (You'll have a main CO who's a Master Sergeant)

• Bootcamp (Promoted to Private)
  • Radiant Missions near the main base (1 to 2) [Gathering Missions] (Promoted to Private First Class)
  • Base Establishment along with a group of 3 other gunners (Promoted to Lance Corporal)
  • First Meeting with the Lone Wanderer at the first base you setup (They were sent there to setup a base), Lone Wanderer Leaves without fight.
  • Defend a farm (Promoted to E4 Corporal)
  • Attack a Raider group that's butting in on your territory with a group of 3 [you'll be following orders from Tessa or someone else) (Promoted to Sergeant)
  • Noticed by Captain Wes via Tessa's evaluation (Promoted to Master Sergeant)
  • Gain charge of group of 3 followers to command (You customize their weapon loadout)
  • Protect a Settlement/Caravan
  • Radiant Missions
  • Captain Wes Commands you to take over a farming settlement for food (Any farm)
  • After taking over settlement completely, you're charged with fortifying it (Promoted to 2nd Lieutenant)
  • Given charge of 3 Squads to send out on missions to procure resources and complete radiant missions
  • more to come

Will work on the raider side later. Mostly you'll be going around trying to get leverage or destroy other raider outposts, raiding settlements, etc.

For example, you could be tasked with infiltrating the beantown brewery to dig up dirt on Tower Tom. After finding it, you then use that as Leverage to get food/supplies from Tower Tom.

Edited by KingScuba

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Man I would love to see this happen! I mean the closest you can get to playing the bad guy is joining the Institute...cause they aren't really...good people.