TXT File in Overwrite Folder (Mod Organizer)

Daetnas

Hello Folks.

Recently I did a fresh reinstall of Skyrim with Mod Organizer following the STEP guide, but leaving out mods my system can't handle (mostly graphical mods).

It worked out well, LOOT found no dirty plugins or missing files, and the game seems to remain stable after more than 50 mods.

After I was happy with my base set of mods, I decided to make another profile in Mod Organizer.

I copied my base profile and named the new one combat, where I would install combat mods I wanted to try.

I installed Dual Wield Parrying 3.1 Beta and TK Dodge 2.0 then tried them out in-game.

My Issue: Mod Organizer generated a new mesh folder with a txt file called ~AnimationDataSingleFile.txt in it in Overwrite.

I checked the last modified date on this new file and it was 20 minutes after I installed TK dodge, right when I started testing the 2 new mods. I found nothing in google about this file and I'm not sure IF I should merge this with one of my new mods, just leave it there or delete it entirely.

http://www.modwat.ch/u/Daetnas

I included my LOOT log, but unfortunately I couldn't upload the full ~AnimationDataSingleFile.txt because it exceeds the file size limit, so

I included a cut version of it.

Thanks for reading this and for the help in advance!

Edited by Daetnas

As you can probably see from my modwatch, I don't use any mods with 'patchers' like SkyRe or ASIS.

Can it be a bug from Dual Wield Blocking? I know it's a beta version and might be unstable. TK dodge 2.0 is relatively new too.

Edit: Now I'm pretty sure it was modified by TK Dodge 2.0 as that mod includes a few rolling animations.

Mod Organizer just doesn't like a bunch of loose files not associated to any mod, right?

In theory should I merge it with TK dodge then?

Can any other MO user confirm/ deny that TK Dodge 2.0 generates this file in OverWrite?

Edited by Daetnas

• 3 weeks later...

After I confirmed that it was TK Dodge 2.0 that created it, I went ahead and created a new mod from the overwrite folder in MO, and I will treat them as one mod for installing/uninstalling purposes.

You must move files from overwrite when its made, I'ts MO's temp folder and when a 3rd party tool like FNIS creates new files or folders for the real "Data" Folder. MO leaves them in Overwrite.

Usually you know the mod, in your case TK Dodge, so put them in the TK Dodge mod, now the file exists MO will use it for changes. If you dont know what it's from or you want to keep files for specific profiles, you make a new mod.

Whatever you do, don't leave in Overwrite, it's a red triangle because MO doesn't work the same if files get left there, it's meant to be emptied immediately.